Aetna - Not Extending NON GF Policies

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
All Non GF policies, in every state, will be terminating on 12/31/14 and converted to ACA compliant plans.

Check your 2015 renewal hub on Producer World.

A couple of my AETNA clients are being terminated/converted on August 31st and the rest on 12/31/2014. No reasoning was given. Just a list of which clients are 8/31 and which are 12/31. But no matter, since they will all be with our lowest price/best coverage carrier (bcbsil) the day after their Aetna termination.

Now, what will Humana and Blue Cross of Illinois do? Those are the only two without an announcement.

Now, what will Humana and Blue Cross of Illinois do? Those are the only two without an announcement.

Humana came out with email on June 17, and Illinois is one of the states where they have elected NOT to allow for extensions and policies will term on 12/31/14.

I'll PM you the text

Humana came out with email on June 17, and Illinois is one of the states where they have elected NOT to allow for extensions and policies will term on 12/31/14.

I'll PM you the text

Thanks YAgents. Text received and PM'd you back.

The Siamese twins of Obama-Illinois did grant the extension. But, Humana said that they had decided NOT to extend here, in spite of being granted the ability to do so. That section of Humana's looong 6/17 letter was poorly worded, but it ended by saying they would let us (Illinois) know in "the coming months" what their exit strategy will be.
ac

I'll PM you the text

Do you have any news on BCBSTX or Cigna?

October 27, 2014

AETNA sent out an e-mail notifying agents that they're contracting with 3rd-world providers to contact our clients and conduct "in-home" personalized health assessments.

Is this legitimate? Sounds like a good way to have your house cased.
ac

Back