Agent-Broker 2016 Marketplace Certification Info.

Allen I understood in the webinar that even though we had already selected a role in the past you will need to update after the transition to new training site.

Allen I understood in the webinar that even though we had already selected a role in the past you will need to update after the transition to new training site.

Understood BlueDiamond. It was just disconcerting to suddenly see "You're not assigned to any roles." wording in my Portal profile. Was thinking that it was somehow stripped, like the Marketplace does with our FFM ID on applications.

But since all of you are role-less portal orphans like me at the moment, I'll not be concerned.

BTW...when you first log into the portal, there's a link to click on to begin your 2016 FFM certification training/testing. I didn't click on it though. Will wait for the official green light from CMS.

Allen

Friday 5.15.2015

Received this E-mail from CMS Today:

""Beginning on June 15, 2015, the 2014-2015 Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) training and training curriculum completion certificates for Agents and Brokers will no longer be available on the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) Learning Management System (LMS) as we prepare to launch the training for plan year 2016. You should not sign up for a new plan year 2015 training curriculum after June 1. If you plan to complete any of the 2014-2015 training curricula (or print any certificates) and have not yet done so, CMS recommends completing this training prior to June 10, 2015. Please note that completion of the current year’s training curricula (2014-2015 training) does not count towards the plan year 2016 registration process for Agents and Brokers.

To see your completed curriculum certificates, sign in and go to the “Training Home” page, click “Transcript” on the blue task bar under the Health Insurance Marketplace logo. Click on the “Curriculums” view under the blue task bar and then click on “View Certificate” under the “Action” column. You should retain copies of these curriculum certificates in order to provide them to the health insurance issuers and web-brokers with whom you are affiliated for assisting with plan year 2015 enrollments.""
ac

Anybody know when the new site will be available--only 3 months till open enrollment?

Understood BlueDiamond. It was just disconcerting to suddenly see "You're not assigned to any roles." wording in my Portal profile. Was thinking that it was somehow stripped, like the Marketplace does with our FFM ID on applications.

But since all of you are role-less portal orphans like me at the moment, I'll not be concerned.

BTW...when you first log into the portal, there's a link to click on to begin your 2016 FFM certification training/testing. I didn't click on it though. Will wait for the official green light from CMS.

Allen

I went in after the July 22nd webinar and changed my pw and it still had my role. I went in last night after seeing this thread and it had taken my role out too. I did see and clicked on begin your 2016 FFM cert and it didn't work. I also tried to go into the old mln and it is now a dead link. So I can only assume they are changing everything over to the portal and will probably not work until after the last webinar.

I went in after the July 22nd webinar and changed my pw and it still had my role. I went in last night after seeing this thread and it had taken my role out too. I did see and clicked on begin your 2016 FFM cert and it didn't work. I also tried to go into the old mln and it is now a dead link. So I can only assume they are changing everything over to the portal and will probably not work until after the last webinar.

Or the last day of open enrollment. No sense in letting the agents have time to get certified and prepare for open enrollment when they can just create more chaos and screw the agent.

I'm a tad bit cynical.

Or the last day of open enrollment. No sense in letting the agents have time to get certified and prepare for open enrollment when they can just create more chaos and screw the agent.

I'm a tad bit cynical.

This entire useless transition from MLN to ABS (Another Bullchit System) is no doubt a low priority in the HHS-CMS system.

Why did they remove the old roles before the new ones are created? It might not be normal government stupidity this time...

This entire useless transition from MLN to ABS (Another Bullchit System) is no doubt a low priority in the HHS-CMS system.

Why did they remove the old roles before the new ones are created? It might not be normal government stupidity this time...

I would agree if we could no longer log into healthcare.gov through a back channel and submit applications or upload documents, at that point in time it would be deliberate , IMO.

I'm a tad bit cynical.

We were just discussing this at work. Were we not doing certification on FFM about this time last year? I don't want to cram Medicare and FFM in come October.

I wish the company's would release their commission structure in a timely manner instead of last day of the year.

----------

I would agree if we could no longer log into healthcare.gov through a back channel and submit applications or upload documents, at that point in time it would be deliberate , IMO.

You know these clowns with the government I have believed from the beginning their intention was to screw the agent/broker.

We were just discussing this at work. Were we not doing certification on FFM about this time last year? I don't want to cram Medicare and FFM in come October.

I wish the company's would release their commission structure in a timely manner instead of last day of the year.

You know these clowns with the government I have believed from the beginning their intention was to screw the agent/broker.

Agree mostly but why do you need to wait until October for Medicare? Some carriers are open now for at least some of the training (maybe not plan specifics, but you can get everything else done)

Get started on the Medicare stuff that is open while waiting for FFM.

What else is August for but sitting around in your shorts completing AHIP with a beer in your hand? :1cool:

I just looked up my FFM certificate from last year. Completed it on 07/28/2014.

I've gotten some of the Medicare stuff out of the way already. Have completed AHIP and a few carriers. Just waiting on a few more carriers to release their training and I should have Medicare out of the way.

Should we place bets on the date the FFM certification will be released? And what are the odds of there being no problems once it is released?

Back