Agent-Broker 2016 Marketplace Certification Info.

I think last year I was done with both my Medicare & FFM certifications by the 1st few weeks in July.
Now I'm still waiting for Clarification so I can finish the FMM training and Certification for 2016.
Somewhat frustrating if you ask me. :twitchy:

I received an email from AHIP earlier and while I haven't had time to sit down and really look it over, I believe they are going to charge $125 for the FFM cert and another $25 to add SHOP. Talk about a kick in the shorts.
https://www.ahipexchangetraining.com/file.php/1/public/About.html

I bet a lot of Medicare agents who are only now venturing into the world of ObamaCare-ACA will think that AHIP is the only way to get certified to sell ACA plans. Naturally, the AHIP webpage doesn't even hint that the FFM certification is 100% FREE if you complete your training at the CMS website.

I imagine so. I plan to do it with CMS as usual I just wish they would get on with it. I hate trying to cram it in at the last second. I wish I had the money that AHIP makes off these certifications yearly.

I bet a lot of Medicare agents who are only now venturing into the world of ObamaCare-ACA will think that AHIP is the only way to get certified to sell ACA plans. Naturally, the AHIP webpage doesn't even hint that the FFM certification is 100% FREE if you complete your training at the CMS website.
just like CMS doesn't hint that it's completely free for the public to work with an agent. No surprise.

Slide 24 says:

"In addition to the plan year 2016 training provided by CMS, training will be offered by a limited number of CMS-approved vendors."

so training is still available through CMS, but they don't say if there is going to be a fee.

Slide 24 says:

"In addition to the plan year 2016 training provided by CMS, training will be offered by a limited number of CMS-approved vendors."

It never ceases to amaze/anger at how government puts a lot of effort into changing things that don't need to be changed (ie. Delivery of FFM Training), while ignoring things that are horribly broken (ie. Post-Sale Support at the FFM).

Back