Agent-Broker 2016 Marketplace Certification Info.

It never ceases to amaze/anger at how government puts a lot of effort into changing things that don't need to be changed (ie. Delivery of FFM Training), while ignoring things that are horribly broken (ie. Post-Sale Support at the FFM).

Sounds more like our favorite carrier than the govt....

This morning: https://portal.cms.gov signed in, then request access now. Next page over at right it says FFM training, click 2nd link down "Check agent/broker registration"

Next page a drop down for MLMS click training, takes a minute but brings you to a page for registration. Did not fill out just in case it's not really ready.

bluediamond, I went thru it, looks like the training is still not available. You can update your profile on healthcare.gov if you want to.

Any FYI if anyone was not aware, etc. Got this from a carrier this week. No idea of latency between date an agent takes certification to when they show on the CMS list to when the list carriers refer to all reflect having passed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently stated that we must use only the CMS-supplied list of registered agents for validation prior to payment. Registration happens when Part 1 and Part 2 are both completed. Part 1 is the course work and Part 2 is the identity proofing and acknowledgement of PHI/PII Compliance. For this reason, Anthem can no longer accept FFM paper certifications from our producers, which only satisfy Part 1.

Any questions you may have about submitting a paper certification, or about certifications in general, should now go directly to CMS at https://portal.cms.gov. CMS will make sure certifications are updated on the FFM list. And our Licensing and Credentialing system will get updated monthly files from CMS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if the government pays the vendors, or if the vendors pay the government? If the vendors pay the government, the free CMS certification courses may be late coming online. I can wait...

Thanks to member Sherota1 for these up-to-date resources:

"Anyone planning on getting certified for the FFM Healthcare Exchanges might find this information helpful. Prices for the training sites run from $29-$150 which gives you the option to get CE credits. CMS direct training is free but will not get you the CE credits.

American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Training (1-800-984-8919)

https://www.ahipexchangetraining.com...lic/About.html

National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Training (1-844-257-0990)

NAHU - Professional Development

Gorman Health Group Training (1-877-207-0349)

Gorman Health Group Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) Training

CMS Enterprise Portal ([email protected] )

https://portal.cms.gov "

Last edited:
I wonder if it's even worth getting certified this year. We never know what the commissions are until end of October but I usually do the test in Aug or sept. I don't want to waste my time doing it and find out were not getting paid or its drastically reduced.

That video is hilarous! The SHOP program is dead, and they are trying to revive it through brokers! hahahaha. In the meantime, they put their foot in their mouth.

At least they can't claim that they don't understand our value! The video says, "The SHOP marketplace knows that understanding the ins and outs of health insurance can be complex. That's why there are registered agents and brokers that can help you..." It also says, "First, agents and brokers are experts on health insurance and The Affordable Care Act." It also says, "They provide personal support when you need it." And "Best of all, working with an agent or broker won't increase your costs. Their service is free."

Hmmmmm. It seems that they need to listen to their own video.

Back