Agent-Broker 2016 Marketplace Certification Info.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Friday 5.15.2015

Received this E-mail from CMS Today:

""Beginning on June 15, 2015, the 2014-2015 Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) training and training curriculum completion certificates for Agents and Brokers will no longer be available on the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) Learning Management System (LMS) as we prepare to launch the training for plan year 2016. You should not sign up for a new plan year 2015 training curriculum after June 1. If you plan to complete any of the 2014-2015 training curricula (or print any certificates) and have not yet done so, CMS recommends completing this training prior to June 10, 2015. Please note that completion of the current year’s training curricula (2014-2015 training) does not count towards the plan year 2016 registration process for Agents and Brokers.

To see your completed curriculum certificates, sign in and go to the “Training Home” page, click “Transcript” on the blue task bar under the Health Insurance Marketplace logo. Click on the “Curriculums” view under the blue task bar and then click on “View Certificate” under the “Action” column. You should retain copies of these curriculum certificates in order to provide them to the health insurance issuers and web-brokers with whom you are affiliated for assisting with plan year 2015 enrollments.""
ac

Wonder how successful this new training site will be? Fingers crossed.

My question is why do we need this new site? The existing sites seems to have worked fine for two years. I guess govt think is "why use what you already know will work, when you can spending $100 million make a new site from scratch..."

Wonder how successful this new training site will be? Fingers crossed.

My question is why do we need this new site? The existing sites seems to have worked fine for two years. I guess govt think is "why use what you already know will work, when you can spending $100 million make a new site from scratch..."

I don't see anything that says the site is being changed, it is just advising brokers not to try to get certified for 2015 because that training is being closed as they get ready for 2016 certification. Am I missing something here?

And I believe they are allowing private companies to provide certification next year. Similar to c.e. credits. It's stupid to keep it in house.

duh, guess i was skimming too quickly. Read "no longer be available on the Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) Learning Management System (LMS) as we prepare to launch..." as no longer offering the training on that site.

I guess I assumed...looks like assuming only made an a$$ out of just me this time..

And I believe they are allowing private companies to provide certification next year. Similar to c.e. credits. It's stupid to keep it in house.

NY had it 100% private, with 8CE credits per class (Indiv and SHOP), so you could renew with just that (but had to pay for the class.)

They're not allowing that this year, and supposedly are making an online portal for certification.

I'd wager you don't see private companies offering training.

Hopefully they make the credentialing process more difficult. Way too many fly by nighters this last round. I'm all for competition, but the level of incompetency reached new heights this year and that makes us all look bad.

Back