Already Getting Requests for 1095s - Web Broker Question

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Board, I am already getting requests for 1095s. If I remember correctly from last year, we could not use web brokers (health sherpa and acaexpress) to retrieve those forms like we could in years prior.

Is that correct?

Other than request client call MP or create their own account and drag in the 2016 application, is there any other way to get the 1095s for them? I am sure I will have some who claim the MP never sent them.

I vaguely remember telling the client to call the MP and get a blank 1095 and have MP read off those numbers to the client. Other than that, you can request MP resend them, but that was a 30 day wait.

First, it's a 1095A
Second, it will be mailed as of yesterday.
Third, you can only access it by creating account.
Or call them to send another one, or do the blank copy / reciting method.

First, it's a 1095A
Second, it will be mailed as of yesterday.
Third, you can only access it by creating account.
Or call them to send another one, or do the blank copy / reciting method.

Trump signed an executive order on Jan 20 permitting the waiver/delay/deferment of any provision that has a "burden" (fiscal or regulatory). Since there is a fiscal cost and regulatory burden associated with 1095's, I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed/deferred/waived.

Come on now. It's from the marketplace, a gov't entity. It's a possible revenue generator. It has to be reconciled by law.

There is a higher probability NY will secede from the union, then 1095A's being delayed.

There's no way a 1095 generates revenue.

It proves they had coverage, which proves you can't collect a penalty.

There's a very real cost involved with generating, printing, and mailing them. There's millions of dollars in cost just for postage!

I understand it must be reconciled under law, but, the electronic transmittal takes care of that. The 1095 consumers receive is basically just a receipt.

There's no way a 1095 generates revenue.

It proves they had coverage, which proves you can't collect a penalty.

There's a very real cost involved with generating, printing, and mailing them. There's millions of dollars in cost just for postage!

I understand it must be reconciled under law, but, the electronic transmittal takes care of that. The 1095 consumers receive is basically just a receipt.

Nope.

The 1095A details your tax credit amounts for each month.
It's given to your CPA to reconcile, or input in Turbotax, or whatever.
Or, you need to convey those numbers somehow.
Most don't know that number, as they never see it except on application, or it changes thru the year, or some people don't pay a month or two.
https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care...eres-what-you-need-to-do-with-your-form-1095a

You also need it for the price of the SLCSP in your area.
https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-form-1095/

A 1095B only shows that you had creditable coverage, and is not needed.

Most people underestimate their income, and the 400% FPL cliff affects many. Revenue generation, offset with some payouts for lower income. All I hear about are "clawbacks"

Trump signed an executive order on Jan 20 permitting the waiver/delay/deferment of any provision that has a "burden" (fiscal or regulatory). Since there is a fiscal cost and regulatory burden associated with 1095's, I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed/deferred/waived.
YEA......FOR 2017......still in effect for 2015 and 2016........

The simple answer to this question is have your client create a Marketplace account and connect the 2016 application to the account.

Since agents can't access consumer accounts directly on the Marketplace it's important to send them the procedure for looking it up as well as their application # for 2016.

Here is what I send my clients:
  • Login to www.healthcare.gov
  • Click 'Profile'
  • Click 'My Applications & Coverage'
  • Click 'Find My Application'
  • Enter your Application # from your Eligibility Letter

Your application is now attached to your account, click on the application, then 'Tax Forms' to download the 1095A

The simple answer to this question is have your client create a Marketplace account and connect the 2016 application to the account.

Since agents can't access consumer accounts directly on the Marketplace it's important to send them the procedure for looking it up as well as their application # for 2016.

Here is what I send my clients:
  • Login to www.healthcare.gov
  • Click 'Profile'
  • Click 'My Applications & Coverage'
  • Click 'Find My Application'
  • Enter your Application # from your Eligibility Letter

Your application is now attached to your account, click on the application, then 'Tax Forms' to download the 1095A

I am most likely going to mass email that to clients.

Back