Anthem-BCBS of GA Joins the Crowd

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Received today

As the Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual health insurance market evolves, we must evolve with it to continue delivering value and affordable coverage to our customers. With that in mind, we’ve had to re-evaluate our commissions for certain individual member enrollments.

Specifically, for 2016, we will:

Continue paying commissions on business written during the Open Enrollment period between November 1, 2015, through January 31, 2016 (January 1, 2016 through March 1, 2016 effective dates).
Not pay commissions on new individual members who enroll in new ACA-compliant medical plans - on or off the exchange - with effective dates between April 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016. This applies for the life of these policies.
This change does not affect commissions on ancillary, short-term, accident and critical illness plans.
The ACA has created many challenges and has dramatically changed how we do business. However, we remain committed to our partnership with you, your clients, and the individual insurance market.

. However, we remain committed to our partnership with you, your clients, and the individual insurance market.

I understand why they are no longer paying commissions but I guess those of you in Georgia should be excited about their commitment to being your partners.

BTW, is it true that if it wasn't for Atlanta, Georgia would be Alabama?

Rick

I understand why they are no longer paying commissions but I guess those of you in Georgia should be excited about their commitment to being your partners.

Rick

You obviously have never been to Alabama. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking that question.

Rick

Actually, if not for the Yazoo Land Fraud, the states of Miss and Alabama might still be a part of the state of GA. Not saying that's good or bad.

----------

At least for now, Alliant is paying 4% on ACA plans and has a better network. One that docs will actually take.

----------

Alliant does cost a little more.

Received today

As the Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual health insurance market evolves, we must evolve with it to continue delivering value and affordable coverage to our customers. With that in mind, we’ve had to re-evaluate our commissions for certain individual member enrollments.

Specifically, for 2016, we will:

Continue paying commissions on business written during the Open Enrollment period between November 1, 2015, through January 31, 2016 (January 1, 2016 through March 1, 2016 effective dates).
Not pay commissions on new individual members who enroll in new ACA-compliant medical plans - on or off the exchange - with effective dates between April 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016. This applies for the life of these policies.
This change does not affect commissions on ancillary, short-term, accident and critical illness plans.
The ACA has created many challenges and has dramatically changed how we do business. However, we remain committed to our partnership with you, your clients, and the individual insurance market.

Same email for wisconsin

Which company will sinisterly wait the longest to announce no commissions on SEP sales retroactive to 2.1.2016?
:mad:

Allen, they all just entered the conspiracy room, with Maxwell Smart and the glass domes, for privacy Hipaa reasons ( & playing dominoes)

Well looks like they shut off the SEP valve from the Agent channel, now if they could just figure out a way to shut it off from the hc.gov/navigator channel...

Back