Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

Reply to Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018     
Old 08-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #11
Guru

State: dgoldenz is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
dgoldenz is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018 Re: Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018 dgoldenz is the thread starter for: Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018

Originally Posted by Sherota1 View Post
It looks like Optima is stepping in and will cover the counties where Anthem exited the market. The question is do they compensate their agents?

https://www.healthinsurance.org/virg...ange/#insurers
But what network are they using? Their own network is only in the Chesapeake area, it doesn't extend throughout VA. I guess people in those counties aren't going to have a choice anyway. I never sold Optima's plans because they weren't competitive with Anthem and their network sucked in comparison.

------------------------------------
High Risk Life Insurance Quotes
  Reply With Quote to Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018
Old 08-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #12
Super Genius

State: Sherota1 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018 Re: Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
But what network are they using? Their own network is only in the Chesapeake area, it doesn't extend throughout VA. I guess people in those counties aren't going to have a choice anyway. I never sold Optima's plans because they weren't competitive with Anthem and their network sucked in comparison.
Some companies don't care about expanding their networks. Consumer convenience is not their priority. A good example was when Cigna expanded into Northern Virginia excluding the INOVA Healthcare system the biggest in the area. In that area I was their biggest non-producing producer despite the $200 CSR (bonus/bone) they threw at us. I think they forget is that our goal is to do the right thing for our clients not to line our pockets at their expense.

Innovation Health beat Cigna out in my book of business in that area.
I don't know much about Optima. They currently do not offer plans in the counties I focus on.

The only companies that may still be around in Northern VA in 2018 are CareFirst at $0 compensation includes doctors in the INOVA system, very noncompetitive price wise , Kaiser unknown compensation INOVA system out of network, and Cigna sitting on the fence, also out of network.
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM   #13
Super Genius
dorado on Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018

State: dorado is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018 Re: Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018
Cigna's network is ridiculous... Is UHC out?
Reply to Anthem is Out of Virginia for 2018 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum