Assurant Website Down

According to this article, they're "resetting" the 2015 premiums this month. Don't know how they're able to do so at this late date, but...

Story: Assurant to reset rates for 2015 after ACA-related losses in 2014 - Milwaukee - Milwaukee Business Journal

I noticed this evening that Assurant has removed the "Bill Me Later" options when it's time to checkout. It's now auto-payment by credit card, or auto-deduction from a checking account.

Allen, the article is referring to Assurant "resetting" rates for 2015 vs. 2014. I dont believe they are implying that Assurant is making some last minute change in rates, just referring to the fact that the new rates (filed much earlier this year) are available for viewing in November during OEP....

I had trouble last PM retrieving policyholder reports on renewal action. Waited an hour and was able to get the information but very frustrating.

It is indeed crazy.. Post Quartermaster is right, carriers cannot make changes to rates after they have been approved by CMS which was a month'ish ago.

Crazy though, just today got an email today from Aetna/Coventry, see attached photo..

Attachments

• aetna112014.jpg
    aetna112014.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 16
I have noticed that you can now only apply for 1.01.15. If you have a life event and want 12.01.14, you're screwed. You enroll for 1.01.14, then fight to get 12.01.14 with the carrier.

Back