Auto Renewed Clients Disappear From HC.gov Lookup Tool

Sherota1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I need to know if this is just happening with me. I had one person to complete an application with someone over the phone. He hated the plan and wanted to know if he could change it. He was my client last year. I had contacted him several times but with no response. He said that he told the person who signed him up over the phone he had worked with me last year. The person told him that the agents get replaced every year so he completed the application.

When he called me I looked him up using the back door lookup tool at HC.gov to help him make the change to another plan. The week before his application was complete I could still find him in the system. After his application was completed it became MIA (missing in action) I called the Marketplace and was still authorized on his account. My client wanted to report a change and have me added to his account. She checked with her supervisor to see if she could do that. We were told it's not their policy to add an agent to the account once the application has been completed. But before she called her supervisor she did slip and give us the name of the person who completed the application. It was a certified application counselor that promotes products for one of he major carriers. She did not show my client all of his options and told him if he had any issues with his plan to call the Marketplace. When he told me that I told him that the person who signed him up was most likely not an agent because we would never tell a client that has issues with the insurance company to call the Marketplace. We googled her and found all of her information. They did change his plan to a different one and the new company said he can appoint me by doing an AOR.

Here's the issue. When his completed application went MIA I was not concerned. Today I went in because I wanted to check an account of another straggler who did not update their account to see if the auto renewal had been processed and to give her the new price. Before December 15th I had access. Today No Match Found. I checked the company website and it's listed as active pending for 1-1-2016. Tried another auto renewal straggler result MIA. They were accessible last week but not now.

My question is are agents being blocked from accounts that are completed by someone other than them or is it just a glitch? I would not be concerned except I'm seeing a pattern. Either the person completed the application to completion or it was auto renewed to completion then it's MIA. Has this happened to anyone else or are you able to access your clients that gave been auto renewed?

If someone could check for me that would be great

I need to know if this is just happening with me. I had one person to complete an application with someone over the phone. He hated the plan and wanted to know if he could change it. He was my client last year. I had contacted him several times but with no response. He said that he told the person who signed him up over the phone he had worked with me last year. The person told him that the agents get replaced every year so he completed the application.

When he called me I looked him up using the back door lookup tool at HC.gov to help him make the change to another plan. The week before his application was complete I could still find him in the system. After his application was completed it became MIA (missing in action) I called the Marketplace and was still authorized on his account. My client wanted to report a change and have me added to his account. She checked with her supervisor to see if she could do that. We were told it's not their policy to add an agent to the account once the application has been completed. But before she called her supervisor she did slip and give us the name of the person who completed the application. It was a certified application counselor that promotes products for one of he major carriers. She did not show my client all of his options and told him if he had any issues with his plan to call the Marketplace. When he told me that I told him that the person who signed him up was most likely not an agent because we would never tell a client that has issues with the insurance company to call the Marketplace. We googled her and found all of her information. They did change his plan to a different one and the new company said he can appoint me by doing an AOR.

Here's the issue. When his completed application went MIA I was not concerned. Today I went in because I wanted to check an account of another straggler who did not update their account to see if the auto renewal had been processed and to give her the new price. Before December 15th I had access. Today No Match Found. I checked the company website and it's listed as active pending for 1-1-2016. Tried another auto renewal straggler result MIA. They were accessible last week but not now.

My question is are agents being blocked from accounts that are completed by someone other than them or is it just a glitch? I would not be concerned except I'm seeing a pattern. Either the person completed the application to completion or it was auto renewed to completion then it's MIA. Has this happened to anyone else or are you able to access your clients that gave been auto renewed?

If someone could check for me that would be great

So happy you posted this...same issue here. Its an auto renew and the app is MIA.

I have a client going from On to Off and I can't find the app. Same carrier and originally they thought a direct app would keep the 834 file from over-riding. Its not and me terming through the backdoor is the solution. Except I can find an app to terminate via the backdoor. I plan on calling tomorrow.

This makes no logical sense. What if someone decides January 2nd they didn't want to auto-renew their plan after all, and wanted to pick something else for February ? We as brokers wouldn't be able to pull the application and do that for them because there is no longer an app to pull?

This makes no logical sense. What if someone decides January 2nd they didn't want to auto-renew their plan after all, and wanted to pick something else for February ? We as brokers wouldn't be able to pull the application and do that for them because there is no longer an app to pull?

Here we go . . . beginning of the end. So, if you don't have the capacity to rewrite your entire book each year, your screwed. . . .fantastic! I'll have a beer now. . . . .:mad:

Back