Bcbs wait time

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
This is brutal to get questions answered your looking at least 2 hour hold times.

:mad:

I just received a reply yesterday that they haven't started processing group changes for 1/1 yet, as their entire staff is focused on getting things right for individual 1/1 coverage. There are quite a few groups out there who are a bit unhappy right now ...

I'm telling ya...our colored company is in total disarray. Did you read the frustrated sounding letter they sent out to agents last week?

- 2013 BCBS policy is not being cancelled when the new 2014 BCBS policy is approved..
- Checking Accounts being drafted for both the 2013 AND the 2014 policy this month by mistake.
- Many who enrolled for Auto Checking Premium Payments are not being deducted. They're getting a bill and not paying it because they don't know its a real bill. They think it's a informational statement.
- Clients being mistakenly charged a $9.95 fee for calling BCBS to pay by phone.

"We understand that there is a lot of frustration. We'll refund any overcharges at a future date." Those sentences right there told me that BCBS of IL is about to blow a gasket.

At least their phone system lets you know that the wait time is 2 hours. But it's actually a lot longer. Our agency owner dialed BCBS from an extension speakerphone at 9:30am today. At 2pm that silly tune that BCBS-IL has used for the last 7 years was still playing over the speakerphone. He then disconnected and said some things I can't repeat here.

Are you guys finding that a lot of people enrolled on the Blue Choice plan because it was cheaper, without realizing that it's primarily for people who reside within 15 miles of downtown Chicago? I've got to find out how these folks can change to the comprehensive PPO plan, but as you know, you can't get through to anyone at BCBS-IL for HELP! (BTW..if anyone asks you for help because they screwed up by not using an agent, be sure to fill out the new BCBS-IL form so you can be their agent. You only have until 1/21/2014 to do this.)
ac

In Ca today, Anthem hold time was over two hours. Blue Shield of California had their auto disconnect feature working.

Been thinking about getting that (7) hour music and auto-disconnect feature for my phone when the "Broker Reps" call me asking me to sell more of their companies plans. :goofy:

Hold times at BCBSIL went from 3 hours to 2 and a half on Monday. Yesterday it was 90 minutes. What choice do we have at this point. Welcome to the new world of customer service.

5 hours in 2 days last week for me. One I was only on the phone with the rep for 5 minutes. I was trying to come up with every question I could come up with to keep them on the line just because.

I am on hold now. They told me the other day the same people working on t-65 applications are doing med sup's too. They have been slow in the past, but not like this.

So I called to ask a question about a pending app, and was told by the nice lady that she could not answer those questions for that product and would need to transfer me. I was on hold 90 min. at that point and was then on hold another 30 min. Wow. It wears you out being on hold listening to their music.

Same thing with FB, I sat on the phone two hours this morning and had to hang up. Had a guy pay twice over phone, now they cannot even find him and want him to pay over phone again by credit card. He has a bill but I told him probably too late for the 10th cutoff time. He's going to try and pay again tonight.

Back