Big SEP Question-Can You Switch Plans?

infoseeker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For people who are getting a penalty for 2014 but enrolled already for 2015 can they switch their plans if they are not happy?

Oh yea for sure, had a client buy an hmo then tried and used it not happy called me told him to call the marketplace and rub buddha's belly real nice and slow like and they were allowed to switch plans to the ppo.

No. They can not switch if they are enrolled, after the doors closed.

You have two (2) options only: (1) A move to a different zip code. (2) Misrepresentation.

Your 3rd option would be, if you got a supervisor who agreed with your position & put a request in.

In all other cases, the boxes will remain 'locked' status.

I did a Life Change today, by 'adding' a member to the application...they had the right to change their policies if they wanted to. But I had many 1 person application that I had to argue with the MP to change....and I would call, call & call to get the right person to do it. It was NOT easy. Therefore, I don't waste my time on a client I know who picked a plan to come back and say they don't like it. I tell them in a polite way, tough.

Good Luck.

ggbh,
You are correct, but you forget that HC.gov makes the rules. I had a client call me after Feb 15. Finally responding to my email about reviewing her plan/subsidy. She wanted to renew to get the 2015 subsidy applied to her plan. Told her she was too late and my hands were tied. I told her to call the marketplace and see if they could help. She also said she did not want to change income on the app. There was no SEP she could qualify for.

Low and behold, 3 days later, she shows up on my 834 with change made on 2/25 (switched to new plan) with a 4/1/15 effective date. We have to follow the rules, but Marketplace reps does not. Frustrating to say the least.

Back