Break Down of the 47 Million Uninsured

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I sat in on Cigna's update on reform yesterday.

the 47 million uninsured and how the health bill might impact them.

23 million will go onto medicaid. So the game plan right now is to increase medicaid in all of the states to 150% of poverty level.

6 million would move to the public option.

4 million to private individual plans with the GI option

6 million to employer provided. The Gov will force all companies to carry health insurance no matter what the size.

The 8 million left over are the illegals in this country.

Sounds about right. Why should the government look like the bad guys and tax more when they can give the states the chance to either raise taxes or bankrupt themselves?

All in all, I envision more people flocking to private plans with the GI mandate. If prices can be kept in line, we should do REALLY well.

Jumping ahead a few years, from the AP:

"The Salary Czar announced today that insurance producer salaries for the current year are capped at 150% of this year's poverty levels."

Maybe a sign of things to come' but I just rec'd a notice from United Health Group in Oregon that commish will be reset from 5% of premium to $20 per month per employee enrolled in group plans up to 50. That's 20 bucks for the employee, dependents and the rest are free. Oh but they did say it only would affect plans in Oregon...for now!

6 million would move to the public option.

Wonder how much of those trillion dollar plans will be set aside to capitalize an insurance company to cover 6 million people?

Wonder how much of those trillion dollar plans will be set aside to capitalize an insurance company to cover 6 million people?

I know they estimate that individual premiums in my state for will double.

The small group under 50 market is expecting a 20% increase in rates.

This should be required reading for anyone concerned about this bill.

That includes those who will be voting on it, as well as those who go to the polls over the next 3 years.

Back