Breaking News - Employer Group Mandates Delayed 1 Year

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
The Obama administration will give employers an extra year to comply with the requirement that they provide employees with health care.
"We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively," the Treasury Department said in a statement. "We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so. We have listened to your feedback. And we are taking action."

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

Obama Administration Gives Businesses a One-Year Reprieve on Health-Care Mandate

I hate my life. I hate everyone involved with this bullsh!t. I hate the administration who implemented this, the Supreme Court who didn't strike down the law, and the f*cking Republicans who didn't win the presidential election to repeal the law.

Wow....Barry's in Africa...wonder if he knows about this? :swoon:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow....Barry's in Africa...wonder if he knows about this? :nah:

Last edited:
Well, employers can start hiring again, and not lower weekly hours. You could find that the administration didn't want the weight of the employer mandate weighing on the economy as the Fed pulls out

Yep, just saw it on cnbc. That's one less thing I have to worry about beside's individual and Medicare. I bet there will be legislation introduced to tweak that part of the law.

This is HUGE!!! This will have an absolutely enormous impact on the ability of the law to survive. The Titanic just heard a huge "rumbling sound".

This is HUGE!!! This will have an absolutely enormous impact on the ability of the law to survive. The Titanic just heard a huge "rumbling sound".

Ann, I always value your opinion, but I don't think this will (potentially) lead to the repeal. If anything, it will speed up the reduction of health insurance as a benefit from an employer, and lead to more people purchasing individually and strengthening the law - including a drive towards single-payer.

That drive was created single-handedly by the administration's inability to produce a working system in the bill they passed.

Ann, I always value your opinion, but I don't think this will (potentially) lead to the repeal. If anything, it will speed up the reduction of health insurance as a benefit from an employer, and lead to more people purchasing individually and strengthening the law - including a drive towards single-payer.

That drive was created single-handedly by the administration's inability to produce a working system in the bill they passed.

You are right about the first round of reactions. But, those reactions create more results. It means more subsidies, which means much higher costs, and more pressure on the exchange system... I wouldn't be surprised if the one-year delay turned into multiple years of delay. With moves like that, repeal isn't necessary. I really doubt their reasoning that employer-reporting was at fault. The inability of this system to support itself is the underlying reason.

I agree I think it will help the individual side of the law and more employee's jumping ship in Oct and receiving a subsidy that may not have if the employer offered affordable coverage. The more that sign on to individual plans will help the administration's argument for single payer.

Back