Breaking news

foxmarble

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I just got off the phone with VP of IFP for Health Net of AZ and plans going dark here in AZ as of 9/1/2013. All clients to be auto transitioned to closest Off Exchange ACA compliant plan based off of current coverage. Here is the real news its official commissions going from 10% level to 4% level!! Good news is that I did verify that they will pay off of full premium amount regardless of subsidy. Thought I would bring this to the table as I rarely post but watch the boards daily. Hope that this helps some you out there. Here we goooooooooooo!

:skeptical::no::nah:

So, does he mean by going black that you cannot sell their products until they transition all plans for 10/01?

BCBS of IL did that to us. Nothing effective past 9/27, must be in by 5pm on 8/30. Everything will go live on 10/1 with a 1/1/14 effective date afterward.

So you've got a month you can't sell IFP? BC of Fl. says (now) we can sell the current plans until 12/15 except for a few we can't take apps for after 9/30, go blue and a couple HMO plans and they will end 1/1

Actually it wouldn't break my heart if they shut it down 9/15 so I could take some time off before this thing is suppose to start.

So you've got a month you can't sell IFP? BC of Fl. says (now) we can sell the current plans until 12/15 except for a few we can't take apps for after 9/30, go blue and a couple HMO plans and they will end 1/1

Actually it wouldn't break my heart if they shut it down 9/15 so I could take some time off before this thing is suppose to start.

Time off? All I'm doing now is infrastructure items in prep for 10/1. More work than selling, that's for sure!

BCBS of IL did that to us. Nothing effective past 9/27, must be in by 5pm on 8/30. Everything will go live on 10/1 with a 1/1/14 effective date afterward.

The plan-approval delay that HHS announced yesterday is ticking off these companies who decided to blackout (Go Dark) sales in order to put their new ACA compliant plans in the system.

They planned on purging (cleaning house) Sept 3rd thru 8th and then begin inputting the new plans, testing quoting, interfaces, prepare sales brochures, etc, and then be ready to roll on October 1, 2014.

Now, with HHS delaying the Plan Approval date until APPROXIMATELY mid-September, instead of September 5th-9th, there's no way the companies will be ready on October 1st. As fickle as HHS is expected to be with approving plans, health insurance companies would be crazy to begin programming and designing work before this official approval is received.

Remember what HHS/CMS stated in their August 1st webinars and printed in their test materials about the Agent/Broker ID Certification Portal being ready in "MID-AUGUST" at the latest? Need I say more?

Bottom line is that the October 1st date will probably be pushed back. As another forum member said this morning, if you read between the lines, it's obvious that this will and must happen.
-allen

I thought that article said (signing agreements) were put off, did I misread? I also thought plans had been approved. The agreement's could be how an insurance company will be paid subsidy money, commissions, etc. I'll have to go back a read that article again.

Latest posts

Back