A Call Center Changing Your Phone# on GoogleMyBusiness

Ann H

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
I received the following email today from NAHU.

Here is the email from NAHU
It has been brought to our attention that agents, including NAHU members, have had their Google My Business listing phone numbers changed to 800-701-5909. This phone number is for a company that is selling insurance and they will sell whatever they can to your clients.

Please take a moment to Google your company and make sure the phone number listed is correct. If it is not, click here and follow the steps to get someone on the phone to help you make the change. It is highly recommended that you follow up with your DOI's Fraud Department and file a complaint.​

In the last paragraph, when they say, "Click Here", it sends you to this page - Problems With Google My Business? Use Phone Support!

Yep - my business had its phone number changed on "GoogleMyBusiness". That is the service where a map shows up, showing businesses near the zip code of the person that googled, and it has your business name, address, phone number, etc.

I got through the phone jail to a live person, and they told me that in my case, I had not "claimed my business". So, for me, I had to click "Own this Business?" near the map, and go through the process of claiming it, and changing my contact information.

Back