Can Marketplace Health Insurance Terminate for Not Sending In Documents?

HC.gov rep I just spoke with said she has had 10 of these calls today alone.

Some person, who doesn't understand income, or was sent bad info, is judge and jury to whether this person stays insured.

Ex: Sent in 2014 W-2, but moving to part time for 15', forecast lower AGI, have no way of telling your story for the projected lower income. They, at the very least, need to call or notify the client to ask questions on the discrepancies.

I may have to go check with every client to see if they got a redetermination letter.

HC.gov rep I just spoke with said she has had 10 of these calls today alone.

Some person, who doesn't understand income, or was sent bad info, is judge and jury to whether this person stays insured.

Ex: Sent in 2014 W-2, but moving to part time for 15', forecast lower AGI, have no way of telling your story for the projected lower income. They, at the very least, need to call or notify the client to ask questions on the discrepancies.

I may have to go check with every client to see if they got a redetermination letter.

I suggest to every client to provide a signed cover letter declaring that their income for 2015 will be in line with their original estimate and provide whatever backup information is relevant.

If the client sends it to me I submit it online through the correct application number and send them a confirmation screen shot. That is the end of any support I provide.

I make sure the client understands that I take no responsibility for the outcome once the Marketplace receives the information-all I am doing is giving them my opinion on the way it should be submitted and making sure it gets registered in the system.

I keep coming back to my original thought about this-that it potentially criminalizes almost everyone and is not only unfair but an absolute disgrace.

There is no word in the dictionary to describe this disaster with uploading and mailing documents to KY black whole. So far I have 1 client who lost coverage because he didn't verify his US citizenship and 2 who lost subsidy because of not verifying their income.

I'm actually surprised that people loose coverage because they didn't verify their income. According to Marketplace all they can loose in this case is the subsidy. It is said on eligibility letters and reminder letters Marketplace sends.

I help my clients to upload their documents thru healthcare.gov but it seems to be a waist of time because they always say they have never received anything.....

I have clients that mailed their documents to KY couple of times and still receive reminder letters from Marketplace. When they call or I call with them Marketplace has no idea if they received it or not. All they say is that the KY department is totally different animal and they don't talk to each other...... It's unbelievable....

We need to all bombard this email about this very bad situation:

This person says he is the Broker's Advocate at The White House:

Rhett A. Buttle (OS/IEA)
Director, Private Sector Engagement
Office of The Secretary
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Ofc. #: (202) 690-6060
email: [email protected]

These emails are read. I did get a call back about pay issues. If enough of us
send in messages daily we will be heard.

Something needs to be done about yet another poor system. This is just too ridiculous for words.

Something needs to be done about yet another poor system. This is just too ridiculous for words.

I agree. That's one reason I stopped selling IFP when Obummer got elected and focused on Medicare plans. The $300 average commission ($600 for a H/W) gets paid without an issue by every company I use.

I'm sure your emails and letters will change the entire system.

Keep banging your head against the wall. You do know the definition of insanity don't you?

Rick

I agree. That's one reason I stopped selling IFP when Obummer got elected and focused on Medicare plans. The $300 average commission ($600 for a H/W) gets paid without an issue by every company I use.

I'm sure your emails and letters will change the entire system.

Keep banging your head against the wall. You do know the definition of insanity don't you?

Rick

I'm concentrating on life insurance now: still don't like Medicare plans. I have enough on the books to write as earned. That was my goal in the first place so at least I got that done.

I'm concentrating on life insurance now: still don't like Medicare plans. I have enough on the books to write as earned. That was my goal in the first place so at least I got that done.

I hope you learn to like Medicare plans by the time you turn 65. Otherwise you'll have to pay everything Medicare doesn't pay.

I hope you learn to like Medicare plans by the time you turn 65. Otherwise you'll have to pay everything Medicare doesn't pay.

I will get one; I just will not sell one. Just like medicare agents/brokers don't like to sell health insurance but surely you have health insurance? I don't like to sell medicare plans. I'm not sure why that is such an issue? Do I have to want to sell medicare plans? You go right ahead, guys.

I will get one; I just will not sell one. Just like medicare agents/brokers don't like to sell health insurance but surely you have health insurance? I don't like to sell medicare plans. I'm not sure why that is such an issue? Do I have to want to sell medicare plans? You go right ahead, guys.

Thanks for letting me do that. Much appreciated. I was waiting on you to give me the go ahead. Now my life is complete.

Back