Carriers Continue to Receive Bad Data

After you run a quote at our Blue Cross website, it says, "if your income is below $xx,xxx, you might qualify for a lower premium!"

Susie's income is below this threshold, so she clicks the link, hits the submit button and is told "sorry, you don't qualify for a subsidy."

This is all at the Blue Cross website, mind u. Point is that even some of these company's internal processes are flawed, because the Affordable Care Act rules are so numerous, with nuances that are easy to overlook.

After you run a quote at our Blue Cross website, it says, "if your income is below ,xxx, you might qualify for a lower premium!"

Susie's income is below this threshold, so she clicks the link, hits the submit button and is told "sorry, you don't qualify for a subsidy."

This is all at the Blue Cross website, mind u. Point is that even some of these company's internal processes are flawed, because the Affordable Care Act rules are so numerous, with nuances that are easy to overlook.

Speaking of bad data....this reminds me...did we ever get a clarification from BCBS on the subsidy being taxed as income? Is that still on their website?

I ask my BCBS rep if in fact the subsidy was taxable as indicated on the web site.

I got 2 answers: 1) if it is on the web site it is correct 2) tell your client to ask his tax advisor.

This was from my rep.........so I do not really take that as the final word

I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet" from the White House.
It contained:
· An aspirin and a band-aid.
· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker
· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign
· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster
· A 'Tax the Rich' banner
· An application for unemployment and a free cellphone
· An application for food stamps
· A prayer rug
· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren
· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.
Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.

Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon

And yet there are still a few people that are sure that Obama was a better choice than Romney. Chip of Chip and Dale would have been a better option than Obama.

Rick

And yet there are still a few people that are sure that Obama was a better choice than Romney. Chip of Chip and Dale would have been a better option than Obama.

Rick

Think of all those people who couldn't buy insurance because of a pre-existing condition. Now they can..sort of.

Back