Celtic Won't Be Using Brokers

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Celtic sent letters saying clients policies will be terminated 12/31/13 & won't be using the broker channel.

Celtic sent letters saying clients policies will be terminated 12/31/13 & won't be using the broker channel.

I talked to them about getting contracted a few months ago and they told me there was no sense in doing anything yet since they didn't know if they'd be using brokers...I guess they made up their mind.:laugh:

They were hot here for a lil bit in '10/'11. Great network with cofinity actually my family plan is on a HSA 100% plan w/ them to this day but sadly yes i'll be losing that plan on Dec 31st. Whatever shall I do, save me President Obama!

In IL I use to write tons with them.

Same here, SamIam. They accepted almost anyone back in the mid 2000's. Then Centene corporation bought Celtic and premiums started increasing multiple times per year on the same insured.

I transferred most to another plan, but a few are (were) stuck, due to expensive medical conditions. These will be transferred to another company on 1/1/2014. No way I'm letting Celtic migrate them to a new Celtic policy.

It's no wonder that Celtic will be foregoing the Agent distribution channel. To this very day, their only method of commission payment is via Paper Checks and Statements. Agent Support is virtually non-existant anyway. I say "Good Riddance", but thanks for the pre-2008 memories.
-ac

Centene,
Is a Medicaid outfit that has multiple medicaid contract in place.

The word I received, is they bought celtic to maintain the medicaid block.

In my state they have over 100k on the medicaid ranks.

Back