Cigna Goes to 0% in NC for 2017

Anyone know what they're paying in VA or what network they're using?

Here's a Cigna Web Page that has some 2017 Virginia-related info.
Register for the 2017 Cigna Broker Event in Virginia

If you call the listed Broker Support phone number, you can get your questions answered directly.

----------

What about in St Louis, MO?

This document lists the 2017 Cigna plans for Missouri, Happylife1.
http://www.cigna.com/assets/docs/in...2017/medical/il/898694-plan-comparison-il.pdf

This document says that the commission was 0% last year.
http://www.cigna.com/assets/docs/in...issouri/878896-commissions-flyer-missouri.pdf

MAYBE they're paying in 2017. Call Cigna Broker Services at: 1-800-903-7711

0% on existing renewals? Am I reading that correctly? So any on-exchange clients written up until this point will be zero commission going forward?

Wow.:no:

Rep said he didn't know the commissions for VA yet, I asked him today. Didn't ask about the network.

----------

They weren't in Virginia last year. Am I paranoid, or could they possibly be paying us to set up new accounts in 2017 that will not pay renewals or new business in year 2 and beyond?

Not paying renewals anywhere...then it seems to me very likely!!!

They weren't in Virginia last year. Am I paranoid, or could they possibly be paying us to set up new accounts in 2017 that will not pay renewals or new business in year 2 and beyond?

Sounds like legal theft with no consequences.

----------

I was at the broker seminar in Richmond. VA broker commissions were TBD (To be determined) A mystery

----------

The most popular network in Northern VA INOVA Health System is out of network and the most popular hospitals in the Richmond area are also out of network. The agents were not happy with the network options.

0% on existing renewals? Am I reading that correctly? So any on-exchange clients written up until this point will be zero commission going forward?

Wow.:no:

How are they attempting to justify this?

If agents sit back and take this without putting up a substantial legal fight, it's all OUR fault.

How are they attempting to justify this?

If agents sit back and take this without putting up a substantial legal fight, it's all OUR fault.

Legal fight? Law is on their side, what they're doing is 100% legal.

Justify? There's no need. They have no requirement to. They won't bother.

Not fair. Not ethical. Not kind. However, totally legal and approved by the state's decision makers. If you have an issue with their decisions, change the people making decisions. Going after those who are asking for permission is a fruitless endeavor.

Are you an active member of NAHU and other advocacy groups? Do you personally campaign with lawmakers for the rights of brokers and the best interests of your clients? If not, start with yourself.

The only thing required of them is as far as agents and broker's are concerned is to pay the same commission both on and off exchange for the same product. Solution. Offer the same plans on and off the exchange and pay $0. Perfectly legal but as previously said truly unethical.
Cigna VA still undecided. A rep replied to an email stating they still can't decide what percentage to pay.

Back