Cigna Will Temporarily Discontinue Offering Medical Plans on the Florida Public Health Insurance Mar

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Just received this news. Stated reason is "We have seen a significant increase in fraudulent and abusive practices by outpatient rehabilitation facilities targeting Florida health exchange plans that offer out-of-network benefits."

What other states are seeing this with Cigna?

Re: Cigna Will Temporarily Discontinue Offering Medical Plans on the Florida Public Health Insurance Marketplace for 201

Well .........

I no longer have a rep. Got emails from a couple of clients (off exchange) that have been notified their current plan will not be renewed.

Tried logging into cignaforbrokers and Chrome won't let me advance. It is not a secure site.

Can't say what is going on other than Assurant, Celtic, World and a few others won't be writing business next year.

Re: Cigna Will Temporarily Discontinue Offering Medical Plans on the Florida Public Health Insurance Marketplace for 201

I can help you get into the site.

Down below the red x you see a blue link. Click that and then choose to proceed to the site.

No security issue by doing so, I had the same issue.

Just received this news. Stated reason is "We have seen a significant increase in fraudulent and abusive practices by outpatient rehabilitation facilities targeting Florida health exchange plans that offer out-of-network benefits."

What other states are seeing this with Cigna?

Maybe Cigna is chickening out and needs a legal way to avoid 2016 open enrollment in Florida, at this late hour. A quick search indicates that Florida rehab fraud is mostly Medicare.

Also, wasn't there a CMS requirement that if a carrier pulled out of the exchange that they couldn't come back in at any time?

Thx T.

Sales submitted on/after August 22nd for September 1st through December 31st effective dates will earn 0% commission. Commission schedules have been updated on the portal. This decision only impacts business submitted with effective dates of September 1st through December 31, 2015. Business for 2016 will be paid at posted commission rates that will be announced prior to the 2016 Open Enrollment Period.

CMS requirement that if a carrier pulled out of the exchange that they couldn't come back in at any time?

I thought so too, but someone said it was just a CA thing. Can't say. Ocare isn't really on my radar right now.

Now back to the sick jokes at Cigna.

09/17/2015

We are pleased to announce a broker bonus exclusive to appointed brokers with customers in Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee! When you enroll a customer who currently has a Cigna pre-Affordable Care Act (ACA) medical plan into a Cigna ACA compliant medical plan, you will earn more while retaining your customer.

Here's how the rewards program works:

Earn $50 per application.*

No limit to the number of applications submitted.

The bonus is applicable for any current Cigna pre-ACA medical plan re-enrolled into a Cigna ACA compliant medical plan in Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Application(s) must be submitted by December 15, 2015.**

So $0 commission but you can earn a $50 bonus. Guess who won't be busting their butt for $50?

No other announcements about playing or not in 2016.

Praying the pull of TX so I don't have to deal with them...................

Cigna had big meetings in Texas introducing 2016 plans, networks, etc (long before the other companies). They have 2016 S-O-B links in the client letters.
The client letters are posted at CignaForBrokers.

I only use Chrome. It lets me enter CignaForBrokers. But, my security levels might be on a lower setting than they really should be? Or, maybe I already adjusted (whatever Tkruger is talking about) years ago & forgot about it.

I thought Celtic had already left the market. I guess they just left the Texas market. Except, I THINK they own Ambetter. And, Ambetter is proceeding into 2016.

It is 100% true, what they are saying - granted there's an element of "thank god we can sit out this cluser**** for a year" but more so is all the money they lost on claims. South FL is drug capitol of the USA, you know I've had quite a few clients use the substance abuse rehab benefit - and those degenerates down south, 100% believe Cigna, no doubt about it.

the narcotic pill mills (docs who charge for $250-400 for an appt to write oxy to crackheads) STARTED in BROWARD COUNTY FL......

In fact I'm surprised anyone buys anything over the phone from someone from FL, you gotta be MAD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gets-21-years-prison-stealing-20-million.html

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/49-accused-of-tax-fraud-and-identity-theft/1189406

St.-Catharines-landlords-Niagara-Falls-Landlords-tenants.jpeg

217633087-oxycodonecounties.jpg

Last edited:

I heard Assurant is exiting the business :twitchy:

Back