Consequences Have Elections....

djs

Super Moderator
We all know that a few votes were bought and paid for to get health care through the Senate. As the days wear on, we'll find out how many votes were actually paid for with health care dollars.

As the title says, consequences have elections. Many dems are looking to shore up their support in their home states, to help not live the consequences of their votes.

Chris Dodd is the latest person whose vote was actually bought, though it wasn't as published. Though I assume he actually supported this bill, he was still in trouble of being re-elected. Why not through $100,000,000 his way????

Health bill money for hospital sought by Dodd - washingtonpost.com

Within the article, it talks about many other deals being struck as well, though it doesn't mention them specifically.

Dan

Term limits.

I am opposed to term limits. That is the responsibility of the people of Connecticut to smarten up and get rid of Dodd or to live with him.

In addition, some states are represented by Senators who are able to act with integrity over time and their voters should be free to re-elect them or not. Also, you would need to change the constitution to set term limits anyway.

Winter you are assuming an informed and intelligent electorate. Final results show that some voters are not very bright to keep electing folks like Maxine Waters, Barney Frank, Robert Byrd, Barbara Boxer . . .

Winter you are assuming an informed and intelligent electorate. Final results show that some voters are not very bright to keep electing folks like Maxine Waters, Barney Frank, Robert Byrd, Barbara Boxer . . .

Au contraire. I am assuming that in a democracy people can elect the people they choose and I may have to live with some highly untidy and indesireable situations at times. Some of those people could be crooks and idiots. In fact, some of them are.

It is said that in in a democracy the cream rises to the top, but so does some of the scum.

Last edited:
Au contraire. I am assuming that in a democracy people can elect the people they choose and I may have to live with some highly untidy and indesireable situations at times. Some of those people could be crooks and idiots. In fact, some of them are.

It is said that in in a democracy the cream rises to the top, but so does some of the scum.

Some could be crooks and idiots....I just think some refers to a smaller number than reality

:laugh:

Consider that line stolen.

The last time I thought about that line was a year ago when I went down to the town office to vote. I was in a hurry and was voting absentee the day before the election and just doing a hit and run. I expected that McCain and Obama would be at the top of the ballot and then you do your thing and you are outta there. Well, I pick up the ballot.........and WTF.....there is Cynthia McKinney's name right at the top right along with two real candidates. Talk about scum rising to the surface!! Seriously, it took me aback even though I like to keep up with her escapades because she is a total loon. Took me a second to process it. Shouldnt she have been off somewhere in a straightjacket rather than appearing at the top of a presdiential ballot? I suppose you can do both.

Hope I didn't offend anyone here who may be supporting Cynthia McKinney for 2012.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back