Cobra Expired and Has VA Benefits

toddoxley

Guru
100+ Post Club
If one's household size and income would otherwise qualify them for a subsidy would they still be eligible for a subsidy if they also have VA coverage ?

QUESTION:
I am enrolled in a VA health care program. Would I be eligible for assistance to pay health insurance premiums on the Marketplace if I choose to purchase health care outside of VA?

(purchase health care?):goofy:

ANSWER:
Since VA care meets the standard for health care coverage, you would NOT be eligible for assistance to lower your cost of health insurance premiums if you chose to purchase additional health care coverage outside of VA. However, you may still purchase private health insurance on or off the Marketplace to complement your VA health care coverage.

SOURCE: ACA Frequently Asked Questions -- VA, Affordable Care Act and You

QUESTION:
I am enrolled in a VA health care program. Would I be eligible for assistance to pay health insurance premiums on the Marketplace if I choose to purchase health care outside of VA?

(purchase health care?):goofy:

ANSWER:
Since VA care meets the standard for health care coverage, you would NOT be eligible for assistance to lower your cost of health insurance premiums if you chose to purchase additional health care coverage outside of VA. However, you may still purchase private health insurance on or off the Marketplace to complement your VA health care coverage.

SOURCE: ACA Frequently Asked Questions -- VA, Affordable Care Act and You

Thank you Sir..

Back