CT Health Exchange - Insurers Intent

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Thought I'd post this because we've all had concern about the number of insurers that will be on the exchanges. Less the number, less need of an agent....and vice versa. I ran ehealth quotes, and see that only Cigna is not on the list who currently sells IFP in CT. The new one is Health CT, who is I'm assuming a new ACO. So far, a good sign from an expensive lefty state.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Carriers were requested to notify the Exchange of their non-binding intent to participate by January 4, 2013. Five health insurers including Aetna, Anthem, ConnectiCare, Healthy CT and United Healthcare, said they plan to offer coverage within the Exchange. Four additional insurers, including Delta Dental, The Guardian Life Insurance Company, MetLife and Renaissance Dental, have told the Exchange they plan to offer dental insurance coverage

Oregon has 14 interested insurers for the IFP exchange:

Lifewise exited the AZ market last year. Surprised they want to play in 1 state. Health net is a surprise too, considering they only play in a couple states.

Oregon's health exchange attracts 16 plan applicants - Portland Business Journal
The state's largest health plans — Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Kaiser Permanente, Health Net, ODS, PacificSource Health Plans and Providence Health Plans are on the list. LifeWise Health Plan of Oregon and UnitedHealthCare have also applied to participate in the exchange along with Samaritan Health Plans.
Other plans applying for the exchange include ATRIO Health Plans, BridgeSpan Health Co., Family Care Health Plans, Freelancers Union Co-op of Oregon and Mid Rogue Health Plan

Back