The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

I agree with the libertarian. Great idea.

But typical liberal statement about freedom of speech and the right to one's own beliefs.

Rick

Ok fine, Rick you win this one. Keep on beeotchin about the Denny's waitress subsidy.

Rick one day you will wake up and say damn, this thing is actually working I can't believe it! Maybe I owe houcoogster an apology? I will graciously accept it from my friend.

Peace Bro

If the Dennys waitress make 45,960 she / he should not need for me or anyone else to help them pay for their health insurance.

Ok fine, Rick you win this one. Keep on beeotchin about the Denny's waitress subsidy.

Rick one day you will wake up and say damn, this thing is actually working I can't believe it! Maybe I owe houcoogster an apology? I will graciously accept it from my friend.

Peace Bro

You completely miss the point as most liberals do. Why should my family be forced to pay more taxes to carry someone that makes less money? Why does the liberal left (and by your position on the ACA, I do lump you in with that crowd) insist on this 'income inequality' argument to justify wealth redistribution? You know why my family makes what it does compared to the Denny's waitress you keep championing? Because we work hard, have an education and invest in ourselves. We earn what we make. She earns what she makes. Why penalize my family because she has made the choices she has made?

This is why the ACA is absolutely the wrong approach.

You completely miss the point as most liberals do. Why should my family be forced to pay more taxes to carry someone that makes less money? Why does the liberal left (and by your position on the ACA, I do lump you in with that crowd) insist on this 'income inequality' argument to justify wealth redistribution? You know why my family makes what it does compared to the Denny's waitress you keep championing? Because we work hard, have an education and invest in ourselves. We earn what we make. She earns what she makes. Why penalize my family because she has made the choices she has made?

Brother Timsip,
You are not being penalized for the Denny's Waitress. Look at the big picture bro..she can now get the problem treated quicker thus cheaper...which saves more money for you and I to buy fun stuff with. We were all being penalized before. I know change is difficult... i know. It will be better for all of us unless you were or are a millionaire...then bend over for an extra $100 a month.

All of what you say is true and makes sense. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it.

Brother Timsip,
You are not being penalized for the Denny's Waitress. Look at the big picture bro..she can now get the problem treated quicker thus cheaper...which saves more money for you and I to buy fun stuff with. We were all being penalized before. I know change is difficult... i know. It will be better for all of us unless you were or are a millionaire...then bend over for an extra $100 a month.

Extra 100 a month what a joke. It would have been an extra 500 for my family with triple the oop expenses

Forbes lacks credibility on this subject AC pick a new author.

Allow me to show the sides of the "Apple" that forbes won't show you.

Obamacare cutting medical costs, keeping inflation low and making bonds a better deal, experts say | AL.com

Another view of the "Apple"....

Obamacare's next chapter: More insurance firms opting 'in' than 'out'? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

One for the Macro-Economists in the forum....

CBO report: Obamacare reduces federal deficit by $286B over the next decade

Right HouCoogster, the mainstream media primarily echoes what the Obama Administration says in their press briefings. Showing the "good side of the apple". But as with most programs, products and people, there are imperfections as well.

Even though I've sold quite a few subsidized ObamaCare policies, my gut instinct and logic tell me that ObamaCare in it's present form will not continue. It won't be the cost to the Government that kills it, but rather the cost to individual Americans in terms of escalating premiums, and to a lesser extent, the high Out-of-Pocket medical costs and ever changing provider networks.

The premiums increase each year, but (correct me if I'm wrong) the subsidy calculation formula contains no year-to-year inflation adjustment provision. The moderately-low income person who is barely able to pay $210 a month now for his subsidized policy will have to pay close to $300 a month, just 8 months from now.

Sure, there are good aspects to the Affordable Care Act, but our government is using hundreds of snipers to eradicate a few flies..a massive over-kill that's resulting in a LOT of collateral damage.

HouCoogster, the November Mid-Term elections will give Americans their first meaningful opportunity to give ObamaCare either the Thumbs-Up, or the Finger. In the meantime, keep sharing what you learn!
ac

Back