The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

Brother Timsip,
You are not being penalized for the Denny's Waitress. Look at the big picture bro..she can now get the problem treated quicker thus cheaper...which saves more money for you and I to buy fun stuff with. We were all being penalized before. I know change is difficult... i know. It will be better for all of us unless you were or are a millionaire...then bend over for an extra $100 a month.

Please do not p#ss on my leg and tell me it is raining.....

Right HouCoogster, the mainstream media primarily echoes what the Obama Administration says in their press briefings. Showing the "good side of the apple". But as with most programs, products and people, there are imperfections as well.

Even though I've sold quite a few subsidized ObamaCare policies, my gut instinct and logic tell me that ObamaCare in it's present form will not continue. It won't be the cost to the Government that kills it, but rather the cost to individual Americans in terms of escalating premiums, and to a lesser extent, the high Out-of-Pocket medical costs and ever changing provider networks.

The premiums increase each year, but (correct me if I'm wrong) the subsidy calculation formula contains no year-to-year inflation adjustment provision. The moderately-low income person who is barely able to pay $210 a month now for his subsidized policy will have to pay close to $300 a month, just 8 months from now.

Sure, there are good aspects to the Affordable Care Act, but our government is using hundreds of snipers to eradicate a few flies..a massive over-kill that's resulting in a LOT of collateral damage.

HouCoogster, the November Mid-Term elections will give Americans their first meaningful opportunity to give ObamaCare either the Thumbs-Up, or the Finger. In the meantime, keep sharing what you learn!
ac

AC, I completely agree with you. This is a work in progress and we NEED people with different viewpoints so that it can be improved. But we also need the people with those viewpoints to admit that the other side has some valid arguments as well.

Libs - There are a lot of problems with this bill that was pushed through without the necessary discussion. I know why it was, but no one should say it's great as it is.

Cons- ACA is not going away. Instead of complaining and trying to dismantle the program, let's find ways to make it better. That means minor adjustments and reasonable suggestions, not a complete overhaul.

In the words of Tim Gunn, "Make it work people!"

My rates doubled for worse coverage, that is a fact and cannot be disputed. Sure I could of bought better coverage but could not afford it. I work 2 jobs trying to support my family and I am tired of supporting the generations of entitled who make a profit from taxes and making babies. You need a hand for a while ok but that is not what the government is doing. They are making welfare a way of life and not just a hand up.
Disclosure, yes I sell it because it is the law, not because I agree with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Ok fine, Rick you win this one. Keep on beeotchin about the Denny's waitress subsidy.

Rick one day you will wake up and say damn, this thing is actually working I can't believe it! Maybe I owe houcoogster an apology? I will graciously accept it from my friend.

Peace Bro

I'm sure you also believe the Medicare is working. Of course it's been bleeding money for years but if you only look at part of it, I guess it's also working.

Obamacrap doesn't work and never will. It will only lead us to single payer which I guess you will also agree works.

For you, the only part of the equation is having insurance. Access to care obviously is something you forgot about. Not everyone wants to go to a crappy provider or hospital. Apparently you don't mind.

Rick

I'm sure you also believe the Medicare is working. Of course it's been bleeding money for years but if you only look at part of it, I guess it's also working.

Obamacrap doesn't work and never will. It will only lead us to single payer which I guess you will also agree works.

For you, the only part of the equation is having insurance. Access to care obviously is something you forgot about. Not everyone wants to go to a crappy provider or hospital. Apparently you don't mind.

Rick

So let's work on finding ways to encourage expanding networks. It's going to take some time, but if enough people fight it, the market will require this.

Brother Timsip,
You are not being penalized for the Denny's Waitress. Look at the big picture bro..she can now get the problem treated quicker thus cheaper...which saves more money for you and I to buy fun stuff with. We were all being penalized before. I know change is difficult... i know. It will be better for all of us unless you were or are a millionaire...then bend over for an extra $100 a month.

If we were all paying more for the uninsured before Obamacare, whey did the insurance rates go up to cover this in a cheaper way as you try so desperately to describe? On top of higher premiums, we are also paying new and higher taxes. Where does this start to get cheaper for those of us not getting subsidized?

----------

All of what you say is true and makes sense. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it.

That doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

Back