The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

Yeah so one of my intl. clients just moved to California. I told him check out Anthem and Kaiser
Last resort healthcare.gov. good luk!
And I'm also getting calls from people who lost their subsidy. Boy are they pissed off and frustrated.
Some of them are Canadian citizens with residency. You ought to hear Them!!!
And they can't even vote for hellary!!
The Red Green show can't even top this!

I don't think we are that far off in reality, I agree there are work arounds to many issues, but I find my on-ex clients to be EXTREMELY frustrated with the exchange. The more they make (yes, I have in fact sold non-subsidy eligible people on-ex for the reasons you outlined) , the more frustrated they are. Like when they try to cancel coverage and they can't terminate for two weeks.

If offering on-ex, a carrier has to follow the governmental rules regarding terminations, grace periods, etc. They have no leeway as they would off-ex. I don't appreciate the insinuation I am a lazy agent or they are all deadbeats, however. In my experience, there are often extenuating circumstances where it is good that there is carrier leeway.

I have MANY off exchange that are not self-employed yet not offered group coverage yet making decent money. Believe me, I get them on groups when/if I can. Probably a demographic difference between where you sell and where I do.

Oh man...I'm watching my kid play tennis...I did NOT mean to insinuate you were lazy.

I think rules are rules are rules. Not the payment part (cuz that is carrier driven), but the rest of it. Its 15 days to term. If you choose to wait til the last minute, you make a choice. Pay the next month or let it term back to when you wanted. And if you are subsidized...well...you took the govt cheese....

But I know you aren't lazy...if you were lazy, you wouldn't desperately trying to find options for your clients. I apologize.

Oh man...I'm watching my kid play tennis...I did NOT mean to insinuate you were lazy.

I think rules are rules are rules. Not the payment part (cuz that is carrier driven), but the rest of it. Its 15 days to term. If you choose to wait til the last minute, you make a choice. Pay the next month or let it term back to when you wanted. And if you are subsidized...well...you took the govt cheese....

But I know you aren't lazy...if you were lazy, you wouldn't desperately trying to find options for your clients. I apologize.

I appreciate that, thanks. When I re-read it, I realized you were making a generalization about why people term for nonpay (which is true in many cases), I took it personally. No worries, sorry for jumping on you.

Apparently TX is not like the other 57 states. If you live in Tejas, 99% of people can and will buy on the exchange. This includes "hoochie momma's" as well as doctors, lawyers and Indian chiefs.

Or if you want to be PC, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.

Guess those who live in other states not named Texas need to pack up and move.

I appreciate that, thanks. When I re-read it, I realized you were making a generalization about why people term for nonpay (which is true in many cases), I took it personally. No worries, sorry for jumping on you.

<insert sarcasm font>
I can't imagine why??? Its not like we are in chaos and have no idea what we are going to sell people or how we are going to make a living next year.....
<end sarcasm font>

No worries!!!!

I agree 100%, actually 1000%!

I don't work for free and neither should anyone else.

The Marketplace solution to this is to spam everyone with an account with over 25 'touches' during Open Enrollment whether they've worked with an agent or not, it will cause massive confusion and drive everyone absolutely NUTS!

We are better as a nation than to have this pathetic, ridiculous implementation of healthcare reform, I could have done better on the back of a napkin.

I agree as well.
But what do you mean by "the Marketplace solution is to spam everyone with an account with over 25 'touches' during Open Enrollment?"
Do you mean if someone creates an account on the Marketplace that they'll get locked out after 25 times logging in during Open Enrollment?
Or were you just joking around?
Thank you.

I agree as well.
But what do you mean by "the Marketplace solution is to spam everyone with an account with over 25 'touches' during Open Enrollment?"
Do you mean if someone creates an account on the Marketplace that they'll get locked out after 25 times logging in during Open Enrollment?
Or were you just joking around?
Thank you.

It's right in the Reg Tap presentation for OEP, the Marketplace is going to continually spam every consumer who created an account at any time on the Marketplace regardless of what they've done or haven't done.

Absolutely ridiculous

It's right in the Reg Tap presentation for OEP, the Marketplace is going to continually spam every consumer who created an account at any time on the Marketplace regardless of what they've done or haven't done.

Absolutely ridiculous

I did read that, just glossed over it, and forgot about it.
Wow, that is ridiculous.
Thanks for your response.

Back