The Current State Of ObamaCare - ACA

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
April 22, 2014

The Obama Administration is touting the "success" of the Affordable Care Act by picking a few apples from the ObamaCare tree and, like a good con-man, holds them up at an angle where the rotten-side doesn't show.

We all know that fruit which is no-good on one side will eventually rot in totality. This Forbes author does a good job of explaining what the administration is working so hard to hide from the media and the public...for as long as possible. (At least until the 2014 mid-term election is over.)

Story: Cold Realities Lie Ahead On ObamaCare's Costs - Forbes

ac

Forbes lacks credibility on this subject AC pick a new author.

Allow me to show the sides of the "Apple" that forbes won't show you.

Obamacare cutting medical costs, keeping inflation low and making bonds a better deal, experts say | AL.com

Another view of the "Apple"....

Obamacare's next chapter: More insurance firms opting 'in' than 'out'? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Another little snapshot....

ACA may lower your auto insurance rates - Birmingham Top News | Examiner.com

One for the Macro-Economists in the forum....

CBO report: Obamacare reduces federal deficit by $286B over the next decade

What a bunch of complete crap.
Of course the ACA would lower the ESTIMATE Deficit. If I was the one creating estimates I could monkey with the numbers too.
It doesnt do ANYTHING to actually lower anything other than the faith Americans have in our Government.
All that is saying is simply not as many poor people have signed up for care as expected.
I expect the numbers to be substaintially greater in 2015 and 2016 due to the massive penalty for refusing to obtain coverage. If you folks think the premiums are ridiculous now you just wait until the Insurance companies jack the prices up even more knowing that we will get bankrupt by the IRS if we do not comply and sign up for subsidies thru the marketplace.

If you really believe the ACA is helping anyone besides crooked agents, the Government and big insurance you are completely blind, deaf, and mentally challenged.

"Obamacare reduces federal deficit by $268B over next decade"

Then you read the first sentence, and realize they mean "CBO's estimate this year has a deficit $268B smaller than the last estimate".

Our federal deficit isn't being reduced, it's just being increased by less than expected.

Too bad we're in America, where 85% of people read the headline, 5% read the article, .1% review the data, and 100% fight about it on the internet.

Attention Forum Macro-Economists,

Here is some good news.

Tax Revenues Hit Record for First Half of FY 2014 | CNS News

And some more good news..

CYMI: CBO PROJECTS LOWER-THAN-EXPECTED PREMIUMS — While there have been some predictions of double-digit premium increases next year under Obamacare, the CBO said yesterday they’re expected to rise less than 3 percent. The agency also lowered its estimate of the law’s overall 10-year cost by $104 billion and said coverage through the law will cost the federal government about $5 billion less than expected this year. ICYMI, the Pro story: http://politico.pro/1er1A8y

The Best News of all!

Surprise: Obama might just leave office with a budget surplus | AEIdeas

The Current State of The ACA Is Strong!

I'm starting a petition that all libs are required to take math and economics by the time they quit school in the 10th grade.

Back