DC Exchange - No Private Exchange Allowed

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Talk about a gov't takeover of healthcare!! Only in DC could this be even a consideration. No private exchanges, no outside product. Wow.....just "wow"

D.C. board votes to close private health insurance market | Insurance & Financial Advisor I IFAwebnews.com

Washington, D.C., officials have effectively terminated the sale of private health for businesses and employees.
The D.C. Health Benefits Exchange Board unanimously approved closure of the private insurance marketplace for both individuals and small businesses, requiring them to purchase health insurance through a city-run exchange.
At press time, it remained unclear to the board whether the move required D.C. City Council approval to take effect. The board oversees the city’s health insurance exchange, which was mandated as a part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
The law would be in effect in 2014.
The decision by the board was met with opposition from the small business community.
The law would apply to any business in the District with 50 or fewer employees, including those domiciled outside of Washington, D.C., but having a location with its borders. Employers could stay with their current health insurer if that insurer is part of the exchange, but reportedly would expect to see an increase in premium of up to 3%.
More in the article above

Last edited:
Now why would this surprise anyone? Glad I am running away from health insurance.

I was going to stick around, but Chumps convinced me to get out NOW.

Now why would this surprise anyone? Glad I am running away from health insurance.

I was going to stick around, but Chumps convinced me to get out NOW.

I ran also and now selling HighDef Pet Insurance....

Latest posts

Back