Did You Enjoy Being a Health Insurance Broker?

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I think 2016 is our last year either by carriers eliminating commissions or by them lowering commissions anymore where it's not worth it. That being said no shock to most of us, this was predicted.

I started in 1978. This industry has been very good to me! I will live comfortably without IFP. Medicare & group still going strong.

I started in 1978. This industry has been very good to me! I will live comfortably without IFP. Medicare & group still going strong.

DS4, Could you see if you have a rate sheet for 1978 premiums? Maybe a summary of benefits....that would be very cool to see.

Houc, I can remember back in 96 selling an ifp with $250 deductible 80/20, million max oop to a male under 30 for around $45 per month, $48 if a smoker.

I remember 15 years ago sitting around a computer with 20 other managers and we were SCHOCKED that the Employee/ Child Rate had gone over $100/month for a mid-market group. (250-4999 employees)

DS4, Could you see if you have a rate sheet for 1978 premiums? Maybe a summary of benefits....that would be very cool to see.

Health insurance has changed considerably since I started. Back then, in California, only Blue Shield of California had a PPO network. Everyone else paid UCR. Most health plans had a Base + Major Medical. No office visit copays, no Rx copays. In fact, Rx costs were incidental. There were no costly Rx's like today.

Love it, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm with DS4, Medicare and Group have been here the entire time, IFP's have just been icing on the cake.

Back