The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

GOP has done nothing to fix the cluster headache. They've been talking repeal for years and still no solution ready to go.

We talk about high premiums. Claims are high also or premiums wouldnt be. Two things (only) need to be solved. Get enrollment to where all are covered and rates drop. Stop trend and they don't go back up.

Things were broken before.

They still are.

While You Slept, GOP Took First Step Toward Obamacare Repeal

While America was busy discussing Trump's strange press conference, the Senate was up all night voting on amendments to the budget resolution designed to repeal key elements of ACA.

"Republican senators are now on record as having rejected opportunities to keep Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP off the cutting-room floor; to make it possible to import prescription drugs from Canada; to prevent erosion of women’s health services and support for rural hospitals; and perhaps most tellingly, to protect Medicaid funding for the 32 states that accepted the option of expanding that program under the Affordable Care Act."

Only one not to vote on party lines was Rand Paul, as he believes a replacement should be proposed before repeal and not after.

All at once is preferable but I doubt it is possible unless implementation is staggered. The biggest challenge is selling carriers on the wait or enticing them to come back to the market.

I fear that Obamacare has effectively discouraged most carriers from ever participating again.

From an agent's perspective, I prefer "all at once" too, Somarco. Due to huge ongoing uncertainty, Health Insurance companies will pay 0% commission while Obamacare replacement pieces are rolled out.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Senator/Physician RAND PAUL introducing the first ObamaCare repeal-replace combo bill for 2017.

Today, he appeared on several morning talk-shows to give highlights of the "ObamaCare Replacement Act". Providing the ability to not pay for maternity, and other benefits, if you don't want them, will be great for consumers. And, it will make us valuable ADVISORS, more so than mere ENROLLERS.

Excerpt:

""Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on Sunday previewed his ObamaCare replacement plan -- in an apparent effort to take the lead in the growing GOP effort to simultaneously repeal and replace the 2010 health care law.

Paul, who was a 2016 presidential candidate, said the bill that he and other congressional Republicans have crafted attempts to “insure the most amount of people, give access to the most amount of people, at the least amount of cost."

Paul, a physician, has emerged in recent weeks as a leader in the repeal-replace effort, amid Republican concerns that fulfilling campaign vows to dismantle ObamaCare at the start of the 115th Congress could leave tens of millions of Americans uninsured.

Incoming Republican President Donald Trump has expressed similar concerns, despite campaigning on a winning repeal-replace agenda.

Paul tweeted on Jan. 6: "I just spoke to (Trump) and he fully supports my plan to replace ObamaCare the same day we repeal it. The time to act is now."

The Republican-led Congress has already taken votes toward repealing ObamaCare under a process known as budget reconciliation, which effectively keeps Democrats from blocking the effort and requires only a simple majority for passage.""

Full Story: Paul previews ObamaCare replacement plan focusing on lower cost policies | Fox News

Last edited:
Back