The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

I believe the carriers will POUNCE on new opportunities to roll out new plans and options...THIS YEAR ! The full replacement bill may take years, but fellas, I do believe we will have new options to sell in 2017!

Is that where that expression, "quick as a cat" comes from?:laugh:

You see Goillini there's more than one way to skin a cat. After all it is a dog eat dog world and every dog has his day. At this point I'm just sick of all this dog gone Obamacare it's just gone to the dogs.

Please don't dog me out for expressing my opinion!

I believe the carriers will POUNCE on new opportunities to roll out new plans and options...THIS YEAR ! The full replacement bill may take years, but fellas, I do believe we will have new options to sell in 2017!

Real options from Real Carriers?

Or crap options from Tier 2 and 3 carriers?

I want something to cover individuals who need chemo at MD Anderson. That's not going to happen this year.

And DAMNIT. I keep telling you and telling you. I'm not a fella! ;)

Real options from Real Carriers?

Or crap options from Tier 2 and 3 carriers?

I want something to cover individuals who need chemo at MD Anderson. That's not going to happen this year.

And DAMNIT. I keep telling you and telling you. I'm not a fella! ;)

Send them to one of those fine Dallas hospitals for their chemo.

You see Goillini there's more than one way to skin a cat. After all it is a dog eat dog world and every dog has his day. At this point I'm just sick of all this dog gone Obamacare it's just gone to the dogs.

Please don't dog me out for expressing my opinion!

Hahaha, that dog crap will be gone soon.:yes:

Anyone wanna place bets on whether the GOP is going to screw this up?

This simply is a can't win situation for who ever holds the hot potato last.

Obama sought to reduce medical bankruptcies and have insurance companies bear more risk than insureds. That's the ACA, the cost is based on the risk and who between insurance and insured bears the most risk.

The GOP solution will shift risk back to the insured but offer rate relief. At first, a lot of people will cheer lower premiums, until they learn their costs don't stop at 7150 anymore for using their coverage. Then once medical bankruptcies kick in again, people will be screaming bloody murder at the GOP.

Health care is a can't win situation in the US because everybody wants the other guy to make it cheaper, but doesn't want to do anything themselves.

Nobody is fixing health care in this country, we're just moving risk around.

And no, I'm not a single payor guy either, that system has it's own problems too. It doesn't fit our culture one bit, and since it's a tax based system, the ability to increase taxes every year (hard to do) means services would have to be reduced, as they are in every single payer country when the budget gets tight.

This simply is a can't win situation for who ever holds the hot potato last.

Obama sought to reduce medical bankruptcies and have insurance companies bear more risk than insureds. That's the ACA, the cost is based on the risk and who between insurance and insured bears the most risk.

The GOP solution will shift risk back to the insured but offer rate relief. At first, a lot of people will cheer lower premiums, until they learn their costs don't stop at 7150 anymore for using their coverage. Then once medical bankruptcies kick in again, people will be screaming bloody murder at the GOP.

Health care is a can't win situation in the US because everybody wants the other guy to make it cheaper, but doesn't want to do anything themselves.

Nobody is fixing health care in this country, we're just moving risk around.

And no, I'm not a single payor guy either, that system has it's own problems too. It doesn't fit our culture one bit, and since it's a tax based system, the ability to increase taxes every year (hard to do) means services would have to be reduced, as they are in every single payer country when the budget gets tight.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

IMO, biggest drivers of healthcare cost and thus insurance.

1. Poor lifestyle.
2. Procedures and medications to prolong life for only a short period and providing no quality of life.
3. The US (insurers, the Federal government and policyholders) effectively subsidizing drug development for the rest of the world.

Start at the top and work you way down. Just the first one would have a huge impact.

How many insurers are ready to sign on to these new plans?

Well.. U.S. Health Group/Freedom Life is already post-Obamacare compliant.

They never tried to comply with ObamaCare by reworking their policies into Qualified Health Plans, or by totally eliminating all of them, like some other companies did.

I hope the IHC Group resurrects their plans again. Had great claims paying and customer service experience with IHC Health Solutions/Multiplan PPO, prior to 2010. These smaller financially strong companies will be able to "turn on a dime" and be ready to bring relief to suffering Obamacare clients, much faster than the behemoths like UHC, AETNA, Humana, Blue Cross.

Personally, I really dislike UHC because of how they treated agents during the past 2 years of ObamaHell. It might be a couple of years before I actively recommend United Healthcare again, in any way, shape, or form.

Back