The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Try drinking a bunch of Coke and see how much more you want. Do this for 2 months and note how healthy you are.

I have a bike riding friend who was going to need a liver transplant. The licensed MD had no other options. He went to a whoelistic healer, started eating raw and juicing with absolutely nothing processed going into his body. His liver started recovering and he is still riding. The reversal started almost immediately and took a couple of years. He continued to attend rides during the process so I witnessed much of it.

Yes, the corn lobby has paid off Congress just like the drug lobby, big oil etc. The country is not better off. We should not be burning our food especially since many continue to starve.

The tobacc industry fought taxes and avoids spillover costs of cancer. Of course, corporations are people and have the right to buy Congress just like other citizens. And yes, I remember the Marlboro Man. Glad he's dead. Only toe poor continue to smoke - but it's their right and we need to provide protect the small farmer.

I note that Trump won by saying that he would get the robbers out and give the country back to the people. All of his actions to date are against people and for large corporations and expand the police state. He also wants to cut taxes while letting corps do whatever they want.

The Repubs are running into flack on pre-ex. Instead of repeal, replace, repair, they will let it die and blame Obama and the insurance companies. Rules will be loosened, carriers will find the loop holes and we'll be back to underwriting. Agents will have something to sell, drug companies will continue to raise prices and only the sick and poor will not have access. This is as it should be. Just as someone has to fight war, some have to be sacrificed so others can get paid.

Pinche Trump.

Why are you glad he is dead?

Do these soda taxes even apply to sugar-free drinks? How does drinking Diet Pepsi with Splenda make someone fatter and less healthy?

Not sure if they apply or not. I worked as a server/bartender for years before going into insurance. Waiters call diet coke "diet crack"... because people who drink diet drinks drink a TON of them. 80% of obese people that came into my restaurants drank "diet" coke... usually somewhere between 5-10 servings of it. There are people that will drink literally an entire pitcher of diet coke at dinner alone.

Lots of studies over the past 10 years have shown that many of those artificial sweeteners, specifically the aspertane that is in most Diet Coke, have very bad side effects for your health. It makes the plaque in arteries harden more than normal (making it harder to clear naturally via exercise). Its been proven to have addictive effects on the brain. Its been linked to increased rates in cancer/heart diseases/stokes. Im sure there is even more out about it over the past few years. And Im not talking about hippie wackjob "studies". But serious scientific evidence has been steadily building up about all of this.

They now produce diet coke with splenda. But I dont think they have switched over 100% yet. Splenda isnt exactly 100% proven to be totally safe for us yet though some say.

Zero calories does not mean its not bad for your health.

Bottom line is that chemicals are not good for our body in many different ways that we already know about, and probably many ways we dont know yet. High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweeteners, etc. are all chemicals. Sure they are "foods", but they are foods that have been chemically created in a lab.

Last edited:
Why are you glad he is dead?

He promoted something that is terribly bad as something glamorous. Let him pay the price - which he did.

I grew up near the University of Chicago. I remember 1 person who was responsible for some labs in the endocrinology department say "our studies show that smoking causes cancer. The cigarette companies say it doesn't".

We are over 1/2 a century past that time. Cigarettes are still being sold. People are still dying and the root cause is still under priced and not paying the spill over costs of associated cancer and other illnesses. If people are dumb enough to smoke, that's their business. However the true cost should be built into the price. Raise the price of cigarettes high enough to pay for the spill over costs.

Reminds me of our Little Handed Prez and the Dakota pipeline. He also postponed the requirement that mining companies have enough money available to repair what they screw up. It is no mystery who gets paid and who gets the bill for that one. The fox is running the hen house.

He promoted something that is terribly bad as something glamorous. Let him pay the price - which he did.

I grew up near the University of Chicago. I remember 1 person who was responsible for some labs in the endocrinology department say "our studies show that smoking causes cancer. The cigarette companies say it doesn't".

We are over 1/2 a century past that time. Cigarettes are still being sold. People are still dying and the root cause is still under priced and not paying the spill over costs of associated cancer and other illnesses. If people are dumb enough to smoke, that's their business. However the true cost should be built into the price. Raise the price of cigarettes high enough to pay for the spill over costs.

Reminds me of our Little Handed Prez and the Dakota pipeline. He also postponed the requirement that mining companies have enough money available to repair what they screw up. It is no mystery who gets paid and who gets the bill for that one. The fox is running the hen house.

Why not be glad that all the movie stars that promoted Lucky Strikes, or smoked them in the movies long before the Marlboro Man be dead. Why not wish the execs at the tobacco companies that covered up the health risks be dead. You've got a strange way of looking at things.:no:

I know your Liberal self is all butt hurt that Crooked Killary lost the election(God was looking out for us!!!), but you might as well get used to it, because after Trump's 8 years, there will be 8 years of Pence.:biggrin:

Not sure if they apply or not. I worked as a server/bartender for years before going into insurance. Waiters call diet coke "diet crack"... because people who drink diet drinks drink a TON of them. 80% of obese people that came into my restaurants drank "diet" coke... usually somewhere between 5-10 servings of it. There are people that will drink literally an entire pitcher of diet coke at dinner alone.

Lots of studies over the past 10 years have shown that many of those artificial sweeteners, specifically the aspertane that is in most Diet Coke, have very bad side effects for your health. It makes the plaque in arteries harden more than normal (making it harder to clear naturally via exercise). Its been proven to have addictive effects on the brain. Its been linked to increased rates in cancer/heart diseases/stokes. Im sure there is even more out about it over the past few years. And Im not talking about hippie wackjob "studies". But serious scientific evidence has been steadily building up about all of this.

They now produce diet coke with splenda. But I dont think they have switched over 100% yet. Splenda isnt exactly 100% proven to be totally safe for us yet though some say.

Zero calories does not mean its not bad for your health.

Bottom line is that chemicals are not good for our body in many different ways that we already know about, and probably many ways we dont know yet. High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweeteners, etc. are all chemicals. Sure they are "foods", but they are foods that have been chemically created in a lab.

Yes, I have heard of the supposed evils of Nutrasweet. That's why I said Splenda. Absolutely no evidence that Splenda makes people fatter.

Gad he's dead...well bless your heart. You're a real peach, aren't you. :skeptical:

You do realize that Trump's only been President for about 5 weeks and the Dems are dragging there feet to slow him down. On 2nd thought.....maybe you don't. :twitchy:

Trump said smaller government and has only expanded its. Net immigration from Mexico has been 0 for years. Why are we paying for a wall? Why is he getting ready to use imminent domain to confiscate land for the wall? Why why is he adding to the number of federal employees with federal benefits including pensions by adding to ICE and boarder patrol? Why has my friend who has lived here 30 years but has brown skin suddenly being stopped weekly.

Why can he not tolerate any differing opinions? Why dows he lie and have his mouth pieces have to correct sayind that he meant something else oe it's obama's fault or the media's or, or, or.

The list is so long that I don't want to type on my phone.

Pinche Trump. He needs to go.

Trump said smaller government and has only expanded its. Net immigration from Mexico has been 0 for years. Why are we paying for a wall? Why is he getting ready to use imminent domain to confiscate land for the wall? Why why is he adding to the number of federal employees with federal benefits including pensions by adding to ICE and boarder patrol? Why has my friend who has lived here 30 years but has brown skin suddenly being stopped weekly.

Why can he not tolerate any differing opinions? Why dows he lie and have his mouth pieces have to correct sayind that he meant something else oe it's obama's fault or the media's or, or, or.

The list is so long that I don't want to type on my phone.

Pinche Trump. He needs to go.

This post makes as much sense as you saying you're glad the Marlboro man died. You'll be glad to know that 4 Marlboro Men(that's right, there was more than one)have died from smoking related diseases...now you can be 4 times as happy.

We need to build the military back up and add to the border control. He's cutting down the government in other areas, like the EPA. Do we really need all those regulations and do we need to stop construction because some rare cockroach might be in danger? We have too many do-nothing desk jockeys in government. Those won't be replaced as they retire and some will be eliminated. There's so much waste in government.

I sincerely doubt that line, "Net immigration from Mexico has been 0 for years". Even if it were true, it doesn't include Illegal Immigration!

Illegal Immigration...that's why we need to build that wall! Emminent domain has been used many times before...do you enjoy driving in a straight line on the Interstate. Can you imagine the zig-zagging if they didn't use it. That would make it cost more and it would be an eye sore.

Why do I get the impression that you're exaggerating about your "brown friend" being stopped more all of a sudden...just like you exaggerate everything else to do with Trump.

Trump wasn't elected to tolerate all the differing "LIBERAL" opinions. P.C. doesn't work.

You keep running your mouth about Trump lying. All politicians lie, and 2 of the biggest liars are your beloved O'bama and Crooked Hillary.

Yes, most of this crap IS O'bama's fault. How can it be Trump's fault? You Libs can't seem to grasp the fact that TRUMP HAS ONLY BEEN THE PRESIDENT FOR 5 WEEKS!!!:twitchy:

Trump needs to stay!!!

Client trying to go to Ecuador for three months an American. He tells me Ecuador just instituted mandatory health insurance for visitors. He has to buy a three-month medical policy. Due to his age and his wifes..about $800 dlls.
Peru already has this rule in place...
At least some countries are trying to do something to mitigate risk of increasing Hospital costs

Client trying to go to Ecuador for three months an American. He tells me Ecuador just instituted mandatory health insurance for visitors. He has to buy a three-month medical policy. Due to his age and his wifes..about $800 dlls.
Peru already has this rule in place...
At least some countries are trying to do something to mitigate risk of increasing Hospital costs

What if the visitor to Ecuador already has a health insurance policy that covers him during his stay in that country? If he submits proof, does it waive the requirement to purchase the policy? Hope so!

----------

Monday, 2/27/2017

President Trump met with Health Insurance Executives, and also spoke to the National Governors Association today. Here is a summary of his remarks afterwards...

""Trump gave few details about his health-care*plan, which he promised*would increase competition and decrease costs. He said the replacement would allow insurers to sell plans across state lines and include increased flexibility for states.*He also called for expanded health savings accounts, which are tax-exempt financial accounts used to pay for medical expenses. He said there would be a smooth transition.

In remarks to the National Governors Association before the meeting with insurers, Trump said the plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act would give states the flexibility they need to make health care work.*He*also said the politically wise thing for Republicans would be to let the law "implode" so that its failure can be blamed on the Democrats.""

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ricans-from-obamacare/?utm_term=.d4547d124767

This is starting to be ANNOYING. Government should take care of the really poor...and provide subsidies to those who earn decent incomes, but who have pre-existing conditions that disqualify them for full-coverage (no-exclusions) with health insurers. They can pay some and govt-taxpayers can pay some.

EVERYONE ELSE should be able to shop on the open market amongst whatever health plan configurations insurers want to offer and compete for.

It's too bad that HHS Secretary Price has so much government running through his veins, and due to never owning a health policy, President Trump hasn't got a clue as to the many levels of health insurance options that insurers can draw from, to design a wide range plans for consumers to choose from.

For the visitor to Ecuador, typically these governments want a medical policy that clearly says there's a minimum of $50,000 of coverage for medical and must have the repatriation of Mortal remains benefit. So these consulates usually don't accept USA domestic insurance evidence.

Back