The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

December 31, 2016

LAME DUCK MEETS LOSERS on Wed January 4, 2017.

""WASHINGTON ― President Barack Obama will huddle with House and Senate Democrats next week to strategize on how best to protect the Affordable Care Act.

Republican lawmakers plan to take up a repeal of Obamacare as soon as Congress returns in January.*

“Next week, Republicans in Congress will once again turn to repealing a law that’s provided coverage to 20 million uninsured Americans, extended consumer protections to many millions more, improved the quality of care offered by our health professionals, and helped slow the growth of health care costs,” a White House official said in a statement. “In light of this, on Wednesday, January 4, President Obama will visit a meeting of the House and Senate Democratic Caucuses.”

Source: Obama Will Meet With Congressional Democrats On Strategy To Block Obamacare Repeal | The Huffington Post

:laugh:

They can strategy until they're blue in face. No strategy can overcome a 51% majority!

Panglossian Dems....LOL:goofy:

December 31, 2016

LAME DUCK MEETS LOSERS on Wed January 4, 2017.

""WASHINGTON ― President Barack Obama will huddle with House and Senate Democrats next week to strategize on how best to protect the Affordable Care Act.

Republican lawmakers plan to take up a repeal of Obamacare as soon as Congress returns in January.*

“Next week, Republicans in Congress will once again turn to repealing a law that’s provided coverage to 20 million uninsured Americans, extended consumer protections to many millions more, improved the quality of care offered by our health professionals, and helped slow the growth of health care costs,” a White House official said in a statement. “In light of this, on Wednesday, January 4, President Obama will visit a meeting of the House and Senate Democratic Caucuses.”

Source: Obama Will Meet With Congressional Democrats On Strategy To Block Obamacare Repeal | The Huffington Post

:laugh:

What a clown!!! He's so worried about his "legacy". Trump will start undoing O'bama's pathetic "legacy" on 01/20/2017.:laugh:

I'm so sick of watching O'bama do his little "rooster strut" up to the podium...trying to look important.:no:

You can't ask 95% of the population to pay for the 5%, at least not visibly thru a premium. It can be handled through blind taxes instead to fund the risk pool.

what happens when the public finds out when they are not paying for premium increases they have to pay for tax hikes?

what happens when the public finds out when they are not paying for premium increases they have to pay for tax hikes?

Most of the taxes to fund Obamacare are hidden, buried in premium taxes, medical device taxes, wealth taxes, etc.

That's a feature, not a bug.

What a clown!!! He's so worried about his "legacy". Trump will start undoing O'bama's pathetic "legacy" on 01/20/2017.:laugh:

Actually, GoIllini52, the repeal process gets underway in just 48 hours!

"The Senate plans to begin repealing ObamaCare on Tuesday with consideration of a procedural measure that will shield them from Democratic filibuster legislation annulling much of that statute.

Lawmakers will then spend the next few months working on legislation canceling broad swaths of the law. Provisions that are most likely to go are the law's mandate that people buy health insurance or face IRS fines, as well as its expansion of Medicaid coverage to more lower-earning Americans."

Source: In control of Washington, GOP-run Congress sees mandate -- starting with end to ObamaCare | Fox News

I feel like a prisoner of war who sees allied forces arriving, but after 6 years of being held captive, have to double-check my senses to determine if freedom is truly at hand...that the war is really over.

Actually, GoIllini52, the repeal process gets underway in just 48 hours!

"The Senate plans to begin repealing ObamaCare on Tuesday with consideration of a procedural measure that will shield them from Democratic filibuster legislation annulling much of that statute.

Lawmakers will then spend the next few months working on legislation canceling broad swaths of the law. Provisions that are most likely to go are the law's mandate that people buy health insurance or face IRS fines, as well as its expansion of Medicaid coverage to more lower-earning Americans."

Source: In control of Washington, GOP-run Congress sees mandate -- starting with end to ObamaCare | Fox News

I feel like a prisoner of war who sees allied forces arriving, but after 6 years of being held captive, have to double-check my senses to determine if freedom is truly at hand...that the war is really over.

Yeah, I saw that on the news after I posted. Let's get that mess cleaned up!!!:yes:

And what do you think the geniuses have to replace it with - oh yeah, nothing. Great! As I said before, gotta stay healthy.

And what do you think the geniuses have to replace it with - oh yeah, nothing. Great! As I said before, gotta stay healthy.

What was wrong with the way it was before O'bama screwed things up? I always thought that it would've been better and MUCH cheaper to just leave it the way it was and give free insurance to those that couldn't qualify(which I believe was around 5% of the population), rather than turn everything upside down...just so O'bama could have a "legacy".

Would I have been wrong?:err:

What was wrong with the way it was before O'bama screwed things up? I always thought that it would've been better and MUCH cheaper to just leave it the way it was and give free insurance to those that couldn't qualify(which I believe was around 5% of the population), rather than turn everything upside down...just so O'bama could have a "legacy".

Would I have been wrong?:err:

You hit the nail on the head. The only problem is there was no "free insurance" and underwriting excluded many especially in the 50+ age group and the 5% figure is understated. Many of the lower paying jobs have any medical insurance at all and what's there is only good for generating commissions. Wallyworld for example has their employees apply for food stamps and has very stripped down benefits. McDonalds has 0 benefits for the part time people and most are part time and many work perhaps with 2 or 3 part time jobs all without benefits. The restaurant, gas station and hotel industries all have next to no benefits. Add in underwriting and more don't have access to health care.

I ride bicycles. People in that community tend to have at least middle to upper income because you don't spend $2500 or more on a bike unless you have cash. They are also healthier as a group than many populations because you can't pedal a bike for 50 mi unless you're healthy and pedaling makes you healthy. Still, live to 50 and **** happens. People in that group tend to have low claims until the get a big hit say a joint replacement or whatever. I know of no one in that group of healthy people that can answer "no" to the health questions that ask "Have you ever had XXX". There is no insurance for many when there is pre-ex - especially with individual policies and their forever look back.

TN groups used to have a 5 yr look back on the applications. There was a time when there were no declinations but rates could double based on underwriting. Then, we would see rates similar to this year's ACA rates which are high enough to make going uncovered almost reasonable.

I know of a family of 4 with rates over $20,000 so the problem isn't only with older people. The parents in that family are early 40s with 1 in college and another going soon. They look at the deductible and premium and wonder how likely they are to spend that much on healthcare. The premium is more than they spend on any other budget item.

We saw our 1st $1,000/month family premium 15 yrs ago for a $1,000 OOP 100% plan. Now, we don't even see a $1,000 OOP plan. OOP is $6,400 and rates are twice as high.

I note a story that came out today where the geniuses are in the process of eliminating what little independent ethics oversight Congress is currently subject to. The ethics committee will be under the control of - wait for it .......Congress. They're getting ready for the Don!!! (as in father of a crime family) Way to go elected officials and servers of the people!!!

Back