The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Looks like Rand is the fulcrum for this thing passing, since he leads the Freedom Caucus in the Senate with Mike Lee.
Exclusive

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) told Breitbart News exclusively on Tuesday afternoon that he expects House Speaker Paul Ryan will be forced to pull the American Health Care Act (AHCA) before a scheduled Thursday vote because Ryan will not get the votes to pass the legislation.

Republicans have absolutely nothing to gain by repealing Obamacare. They do need to come up with a replacement in anticipation of the patient, that is currently on life support, finally asks for last rites before the 2018 open enrollment.

Republicans have absolutely nothing to gain by repealing Obamacare. They do need to come up with a replacement in anticipation of the patient, that is currently on life support, finally asks for last rites before the 2018 open enrollment.

Rand's plan is the best I've seen yet, unfortunately our government is so splintered I don't think any solution that doesn't totally buy off all the elected officials is destined to pass...

If they screw this HC Reform 2.0 up then the alternative is

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=hospitals&find_loc=Tijuana,+Baja+California

That's funny! I needed a laugh after reading about the "Managers Amendment" that was added to the American Health Care Act bill today.

Link: What

In an effort to please more GOP House factions, AND keep a campaign promise to Repeal Obamacare, Ryan and Trump are simply pushing for votes, without considering the ramifications of the changes that are being made to the AHCA bill.

In reality, we're looking at exactly what Rand Paul warned of... "ObamaCare Lite." It's sickening. Just repeal the ACA 100%, and let those who are sick/poor buy into Medicare or Medicaid. Problem solved.

Thumbs up on Medicare/Medicaid sick/poor buy in !!!-- it's about time this P&C outsider see's something on this forum that makes sense. Face it you Health agents don't have a market(enough companies) or ideas to replace Obamacare. In the P&C world we face this all the time ( W&C, flood, bonds, property you name it) there is a public(t(yes taxpayer)/private response to a risk the private sector won't or can't cover. IT'S CALLED THE REAL WORLD!!!
Will some folks game the system Absolutely!! Will some get subsidies on there premiums that are too high you bet! They will join the ranks of Medicare recipients who now only pay 19% for Medicare parts B,C,D(Medicare trustee report) or the costal homeowners who pay only15% for the cost of federal flood insurance for there dream vacation home, or the thousands of Medicaid nursing home beds that are filled with folks who have hidden estate assets that would rather the taxpayer pay for custodial care-- on and on...........
Lets move on and start with Tax reform and better trade deals !!

Thumbs up on Medicare/Medicaid sick/poor buy in !!!-- it's about time this P&C outsider see's something on this forum that makes sense. Face it you Health agents don't have a market(enough companies) or ideas to replace Obamacare. In the P&C world we face this all the time ( W&C, flood, bonds, property you name it) there is a public(t(yes taxpayer)/private response to a risk the private sector won't or can't cover. IT'S CALLED THE REAL WORLD!!!
Will some folks game the system Absolutely!! Will some get subsidies on there premiums that are too high you bet! They will join the ranks of Medicare recipients who now only pay 19% for Medicare parts B,C,D(Medicare trustee report) or the costal homeowners who pay only15% for the cost of federal flood insurance for there dream vacation home, or the thousands of Medicaid nursing home beds that are filled with folks who have hidden estate assets that would rather the taxpayer pay for custodial care-- on and on...........
Lets move on and start with Tax reform and better trade deals !!

I often wonder what would happen to the P&C industry if policies covered items like oil changes, tires, batteries etc.

I often wonder what would happen to the P&C industry if policies covered items like oil changes, tires, batteries etc.

Average price of a tire is $115, each tire lasts 50k miles or 4 years (avg American drives 13k miles a year). This roughly equals $115 a year.

Average cost of an oil change in America is $30 and an oil change is recommended every 3k miles which means 4-5 oil changes a year. This roughly equals $150 a year.

Average cost of a car battery is $100 and lasts 4 years. This roughly equals $25 a year.

Total cost for your auto insurance to cover batteries (deductible), oil changes (copays), and tires (coinsurance) is an extra $290 or $25 a month.

I think I would pay that...

Total cost for your auto insurance to cover batteries (deductible), oil changes (copays), and tires (coinsurance) is an extra $290 or $25 a month.

I think I would pay that...

Hold on cowboy. Ain't ya fergettin' a few things?

If you ain't paying for them things out of yer pocket, do you think yer buying habits might change?

Instead of Walmart tires on sale ya might get Michelin's since ya aren't paying fer them.

And instead of oil that's on sale, you might jest go fer that sinthetic stuff.

You get my drift.

If ya ain't payin' fer it outta yer pocket you might jest go hog wild.

Hold on cowboy. Ain't ya fergettin' a few things?

If you ain't paying for them things out of yer pocket, do you think yer buying habits might change?

Instead of Walmart tires on sale ya might get Michelin's since ya aren't paying fer them.

And instead of oil that's on sale, you might jest go fer that sinthetic stuff.

You get my drift.

If ya ain't payin' fer it outta yer pocket you might jest go hog wild.

Some might, considering I have an HSA and am frugal with my healthcare spending, I would beg to differ.

Back