The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Kick the tires and light the fires!

The "Process" has begun.

NPR just reported Congress will have paper waiting for him to sign Jan 20, and expects Executive Action regarding the ACA on the same day!!

Kick the tires and light the fires!

The "Process" has begun.

NPR just reported Congress will have paper waiting for him to sign Jan 20, and expects Executive Action regarding the ACA on the same day!!

This is GREAT NEWS, HouCoogster! I hope the people who are buying STM's this year will not have to pay the penalty-tax when filing their 2017 tax returns.

I was catching a lot of flack from certain agents, for telling STM people that according to the IRS definition, they did indeed have Health Insurance.

----------

January 5, 2017

Is Planned Parenthood a part of the Affordable Care Act somehow? It's being "defunded", as part of a special ObamaCare dismantlement bill that will be sent to President Trump's desk for signature in February.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...care-repeal-ryan-says/?utm_term=.a091b3f57014

January 5, 2017

Is Planned Parenthood a part of the Affordable Care Act somehow? It's being "defunded", as part of a special ObamaCare dismantlement bill that will be sent to President Trump's desk for signature in February.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...care-repeal-ryan-says/?utm_term=.a091b3f57014

I don't think they got "extra" funding because of ACA, but I am not sure.

The GOP has "removal of funding of 503C" in all of the repeal/replace legislation (at least that I've read, including Price's) that has been veto'd. (Because that's what I wanted my rep doing. Keep voting on bills with 100% veto-rate. That's an effective use of my money). Technically, PP is a non-profit, 503c under the IRS regs.

The GOP has always hated PP, for obvious reasons. And I enrage all my lefty friends when I say "why do they get gov't money when 90% of the services they provide are covered at 100% under ACA, anyway". Nobody should get to double-dip and that includes PP.

I don't think they got "extra" funding because of ACA, but I am not sure.

The GOP has "removal of funding of 503C" in all of the repeal/replace legislation (at least that I've read, including Price's) that has been veto'd. (Because that's what I wanted my rep doing. Keep voting on bills with 100% veto-rate. That's an effective use of my money). Technically, PP is a non-profit, 503c under the IRS regs.

The GOP has always hated PP, for obvious reasons. And I enrage all my lefty friends when I say "why do they get gov't money when 90% of the services they provide are covered at 100% under ACA, anyway". Nobody should get to double-dip and that includes PP.

The fact that you have "Lefty friends" is a testament to your well-rounded personality KGMom.

Thanks for the background on why Planned Parenthood is so hated by the GOP. I think Donald Trump is more Republican than Democrat because he has consistently stated that Planned Parenthood must be defunded. I never bothered to ask "why?" until now. Thanks again!
-Allen

Putting forth repeal legislation was simple when they knew it would be vetoed. Now that Trump will sign repeal legislation it is time for them to get their shite together and do it right.

I don't see how they can make it worse but I probably should not say that. They might see that as a challenge.

Putting forth repeal legislation was simple when they knew it would be vetoed. Now that Trump will sign repeal legislation it is time for them to get their shite together and do it right.

I don't see how they can make it worse but I probably should not say that. They might see that as a challenge.

Republican Senators are increasingly wary of doing a REPEAL without a REPLACEMENT being enacted on the same day.

Story: GOP resistance grows to Obamacare repeal without replacement - POLITICO

Government committees add time and complications to getting things done, just like they did when Obamacare was crafted. Since incoming President Trump is now 100% onboard with REPEAL-REPLACE, I think this means that we're not going to see any major changes for 2017?

---------------------------------------------------------

Also, RISK POOLS, funded by the U.S. Government, instead of the states, are predicted to be the safety-net for those whom health insurers do not accept.

Source: Trump's Obamacare replacement buzzwords

I think Donald Trump is beginning to understand that the Affordable Care Act is a complicated Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde law. It hurts millions, and helps millions of Americans.

Obamacare was phased in over 4 years.

The law was cobbled together in back rooms with vote buying deals over a few months. "Leaked" versions of the bill revealed complex calculations and changes (both good and bad) to the point where it was impossible to tell what the final draft would look like.

The lawmakers made sure that the major provisions of the law did not kick in until 2014 in order to allow the CBO to score the bill in such a way as to make it look revenue neutral. Many of the tax increases were implemented in advance of the payout.

Also the bill was mostly a framework, not a finished product. The HHS Secretary (Sebelius) had considerable latitude on how the final law would be implemented and how the regs would be drafted.

The original law was "only" 2700 pages but it comes with over 20,000 pages of regulations.

It is massive, complex and impossible to digest in an understandable fashion.

Since it took Obama 4+ years to roll out the final version there is no reason to believe Trumpcare will happen much quicker.

Risk pools should have been utilized all along.

And the method of calculating subsidies is something only a politician would love.

I still don't understand where the replacement plan is, the GOP has had 8 years to come up with an alternative and still don't have one. If something doesn't change which companies will hang around and what will rates be?

My rates going up 18%...a $200 per month increase ...is hard to swallow with childs school expenses

It will be interested to see how they get a replacement plan passed when you need 60 votes and Democrats aren't willing to help pass one.

Back