The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

The statement you posted was arguing two points.

And "healthcare" is a fairly broad term. The issue is that ER "healthcare" is not an effective or efficient way to deliver primary care to low income people. But that is what the system forces them into. And it just costs us tax payers more and more money.

----------

I'm rude and condescending when others are that way to me. And have certainly had some heated disagreements with FE agents about various shady marketing tactics. But I've never made blanket statements accusing this entire forum of anything. Get your facts straight. And you seem to be the only one having reading comprehension issues with that post.

When you say here, i guess you don't mean here? No reading comprehension problem here, perfect example of your condescension, do get along with anyone?

When you say here, i guess you don't mean here? No reading comprehension problem here, perfect example of your condescension, do get along with anyone?

I was taking part in a discussion about the healthcare and health insurance situation in the US. Take me out of context if you would like. Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.

The issue is that ER "healthcare" is not an effective or efficient way to deliver primary care

True, and no one, including the doc I quoted and his link, would disagree.

End of discussion.

What's wrong with petitioning the exchange for a waiver for the tax penalty if valid hardship and spending some time outside the USA and getting a genuine International medical plan with underwriting? Waiting for somebody to shoot holes in this but it's better than STM

What's wrong with petitioning the exchange for a waiver for the tax penalty if valid hardship and spending some time outside the USA and getting a genuine International medical plan with underwriting? Waiting for somebody to shoot holes in this but it's better than STM

I think I'll just take some of my nonexistent money on a vacation and petition for penalty relief from my room on the beach. I'll also be able to find a "genuine " plan to cover me. Seems like a plan for someone just above the subsidy level.

Separate issue: we pay for ER care of the non-paying with higher premiums not taxes. Hospital incurrs cost, receives $0 & charges those with money. Those with money have insurance and don't care about price.

Once an individual is determined eligible for Medicaid, coverage is effective either on the date of application or the first day of the month of application. Benefits may also be covered retroactively for up to 3 months prior to the month of application, if the individual would have been eligible during that period had he or she applied. Coverage generally stops at the end of the month in which a person no longer meets the requirements for eligibility.

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/eligibility/

Many agents are not aware of the ability to have coverage effective retroactively.

What a country!

yakov-smirnoff.jpg

Separate issue: we pay for ER care of the non-paying with higher premiums not taxes. Hospital incurrs cost, receives $0 & charges those with money. Those with money have insurance and don't care about price.

The last sentence is the 2nd biggest issue our healthcare system has (first is personal responsibility). Prices will continue to skyrocket until people are forced to care about prices other than just insurance premiums.

---------------------------

Non-Compensated hospital care is paid for indirectly with taxes along with charging insureds higher premiums.

How many billions are we now spending in tax dollars to subsidize peoples skyrocketing insurance premiums?

Also, around 1/4 of US hospitals are publicly funded if I remember correctly. Im sure a portion of those do not provide normal ER care though.

Then there are all the various tax breaks hospitals get... and many states or cities will vary certain tax breaks based on how much care the hospital gives to low income people. Compare how much your property taxes have increased to how much the local hospitals property taxes have decreased...

Any way you go about it, the tax paying citizens are paying for it. Higher taxes, higher insurance premiums, lower salary (due to higher group premiums), etc. etc. etc. Its all the same pot... US Dollars owned by US Citizens.

Last edited:
@sc

We basically agree. I've been lazy but may actively seek groups with high rates and poor participation. Those used to be easy to get. The incumbent agent has gotten comfortable and let things go. A good proposal with all eligible and a basic cleaning usually gets the business.

Once an individual is determined eligible for Medicaid, coverage is effective either on the date of application or the first day of the month of application. Benefits may also be covered retroactively for up to 3 months prior to the month of application, if the individual would have been eligible during that period had he or she applied. Coverage generally stops at the end of the month in which a person no longer meets the requirements for eligibility.

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/eligibility/

Many agents are not aware of the ability to have coverage effective retroactively.

What a country!

yakov-smirnoff.jpg

Good point! I've come across a few Monday morning(got hurt on the weekend limp into work) denied Workers comp claims in my years and initially felt bad for the medical providers--SILLY ME!!--seems in my state as well as many others providers are able to access $$$ through the "Medicaid Needy" program where ALL UNREIMBURSED MEDICAL TREATMENTS have been claimed. Of course in my state at least they only ask for Medicaid reimbursement rates$$--NOT!!! THE RAT BASTARDS HAVE BEEN USING COMMERCIAL RATES thus the ongoing investigations!!
HINT: if you notice in your in your area nice billboards and tv commercials about your Local Hospital ER room" only 7 minute waits"---and you are a taxpayer then it's time to BEND OVER!!
JOKE: How do American Medical providers say F**K you?? === TRUST ME!!!

Back