The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Remember the cornhusker kickback, Dems can be bought at table. Biden even said it was a b.f.d.

Oh, how soon we forget.

Ned, there was no reason to put together a real plan until there was a Repub in the WH. In reality they have had about 2 months to work on something.

Sam, can you say nuclear option?

Bill, Dems (and Repub's as well) can be bought when it is THEIR plan and they think it will deliver more votes. Don't expect Dems to fall in lockstep to replace a plan that has their saviour's name on it.

Even if it was/is a disaster.

Ned, there was no reason to put together a real plan until there was a Repub in the WH. In reality they have had about 2 months to work on something.

Perhaps, however, shouldn't the GOP had a plan anyway, even though it may never pass? In my opinion, they have been so derelict in their duty. We could come up with a better plan as agents. Lets just see what comes out. It might just be a shell game.

One of the biggest challenges is, who will play on the new team? Most carriers have already bailed, or will during 2017. Who will be left for 2018 and beyond?

Even if they had a plan ready right now for 2018, I just can't see the old gang coming back for one more round.

One of the biggest challenges is, who will play on the new team? Most carriers have already bailed, or will during 2017. Who will be left for 2018 and beyond?

Even if they had a plan ready right now for 2018, I just can't see the old gang coming back for one more round.

I agree.

The systems are crashing, both FFM and carrier. There is no reason for the carriers to invest in the infrastructure to make this work. They are losing money on the Indy biz now. They know they aren't going to make money until 2019, maybe, and by then, we will see another shift and there will be more money needed for infrastructure for the changes needed in 2021. All for a product they are losing millions on.

If you don't have to bake the cake, you don't have to provide individual coverage, either.

My rates going up 18%...a $200 per month increase ...is hard to swallow with childs school expenses

Farm Bureau underwritten HDHP if you can pass underwriting. UHC STM if you're can't and are willing to live with pre-existing and contract exclusions. Be sure to estimate penalty and decide if either make sense. Apply now for a 3/1 effective date. UHC is slammed and 2/ 1 probably won't happen.

I haven't found out for sure whether I can take current FB ACA plans off bank draft and ride the grace period. 30 minutes on hold to not get an answer. Will see whether group friends at UHC can direct me to someone handling FB at UHC.

Rates are online.

On January 4, 2017, the House Republican Study Committee re-introduced the American Health Care Reform Act (AHCRA), their replacement proposal. This bill was previously submitted as H.R. 3121 in 2013 and H.R. 2653 in 2015.

Highlights: http://rsc.walker.house.gov/files/Initiatives/AHCRA - Section by Section 115th Congress.pdf

Full 184 page text: http://rsc.walker.house.gov/files/Initiatives/AHCRA - Final Bill Text 115th.pdf

Are you kidding me????

1. Its a bunch of expanding HSA language. Which is great (and makes sense) but does nothing to fix the issues.

2. Eliminates Pre-Ex, but establishes a high risk pool at 200% and provides funding. Lovely. Which carrier is going to take this on?

3. Eliminates the cap on Lifetime Max. Hope everyone got their transplants done before this thing gets passed

4. Eliminates coverage to Age 26. Not going to to happen.

5. The Standard deduction is a joke. We will be back to where we started...25% uninsured, so the people who are insured pay for the people who can't afford it.

6. Increases the RX cost with this language, which is part of the Rate Issue: Although IRS guidance allowed certain types of prescription drugs to be considered “preventive care,” the guidance generally does not permit plans to include drugs that prevent complications resulting from chronic conditions. Section 229 expands the definition of “preventive care” to include medications that prevent worsening of or complications from chronic conditions

7. Bankruptcy is part of the problem now and this legislation protects HSA funds: Funds in an HSA account are not considered part of the protected estate in a bankruptcy and, as a result, the money is available to creditors. This section clarifies that bankruptcy proceedings cannot result in the loss of HSA funds BULL. Bankruptcy discharge for medical expenses should be capped at the highest OOP allowed In Network. I'm tired of hearing "If that happens, I'll just file bankruptcy"

8. Health Sharing Ministries are NOT insurance and there is no gov't oversight. But this allows them to use HSA funds. That's crap. You want to play? Follow the rules.

9. This is wrong. Individuals DID deal with Pre-Ex (if they could even get coverage) prior to ACA. Pre-ACA, individuals purchasing insurance in the individual market were protected from pre-existing condition exclusions if there was not a substantial break in coverage, their previous coverage was through an employer, and they fully exhausted COBRA coverage Plus, if we have a high risk pool,who cares? So the legislation contradicts itself? Or is this for people that went without and got a bad diagnosis? If so, 200% isn't enough.

10. Eliminates States Lines. HOORAH!! That'll fix it!

11. Somehow I don't think $50 million is enough for 50 states to establish a state version of the FFM. That's a joke, right?

12. Association Health Plans have been in TX for 10(?) years. The carriers gave them the same rates and underwriting as someone buying on the market.

This one (and all the rest) have yet to provide a solution to the disaster.

Rates still aren't going to down. Where's THAT legislation???

Maybe they'll just do "Medicare 4 All!", subsidize it, and that will be that. I'd be happy selling MedSup and other goodies only.

Back