The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Rand Paul and Cruz will be the two no's, and the others will cave. Don't under estimate it's passage in Senate.

When it goes back to house, that will be the problem.

Really doesn't matter if it passes the Senate or not. Too late to save 2018. The carriers have spoken. DC has no clue how the real world works. They think they can drag their knuckles until the last minute and the private sector is waiting on a bone like Pavlov's dog.

Obamacare is dead. So is Trumpcare, Ryancare, whatever for 2018.

DC is dysfunctional. Everything they do makes things worse, not better. Best thing for the country is for Congress to adjourn for the rest of the year and come back next year.

CBO analysis of Senate bill is out - predicts 22 million more uninsured in next decade under Thursday version...

Insurance Forums | CBO: $321 billion reduction in deficit, 22 million more uninsured over next decade with new Senate health bill

Yesterday the CBO released a "Repeal-Only" estimate. 32 million losing their coverage by 2026.

Typical FAKE "Scare The Public" article: Senate 'repeal only' bill would leave 32 million more uninsured, CBO says - POLITICO

If you notice, these articles from liberal outlets typically do not include a link to the actual CBO report. If they did, people would learn that the CBO estimate of the 32 million, is based on loaded, ObamaCare-like plans, and no subsidies to help people afford them. Also, they're using the original 2010 projection of 40 million on ObamaCare by 2026.

CBO should stick to estimating costs of bridges, battle-ships, etc..

----------

More 2018 sales for agents!

"President Donald Trump's administration has ended Affordable Care Act contracts that brought assistance into libraries, businesses and urban neighborhoods in 18 cities, meaning shoppers on the insurance exchanges will have fewer places to turn for help signing up for coverage."

Full Article - https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10029351638

At 0% commission, we should come out of 2018 O.E. smelling like a rose. No?

I've about decided to buy an insurance look alike rather than take the premium hit. The fun of premiums left for those who are old, healthy and unsubsidized.

Are agents next to get bad news?

GA's are the next to get bad news from the looks of it.

Out of 17 carriers in my state, 16 filed to remove all GA comp from all products in all markets. No commission, no override, no bonus, nada.

Only one carrier filed for any sort of comp: $10PCPM for off-exchange groups.

I expect brokers will get the same news in next year's filings.

How many free policies do you have on the books?
Agents are being targeted as facilitators of fraud.
Bad apples, or is it an auto re-enrollment issue?

http://media.thinkadvisor.com/think...onsumercomplaintsmarketplaceenrollments5c.pdf

CMS: Signs agents enrolling consumers without permission | BenefitsPRO

A whole new perspective on the guy who got hit with a 84 million dollar fine from the FCC. I suspect a lot will have his name or agency name on it. Although I am sure there are others.

I would be curious to see if any company had an out sized share of these. Perhaps they were a willing accomplice?

Back