The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Here is a good description of proposed ACA-ObamaCare changes for 2017, and their implications, from HealthCare Service Corporation-Blue Cross of Illinois, as of this week..

HCSC-BCBSIL Analysis: http://links.mkt2527.com/ctt?kn=4&m...Tk5NDA5MjkS1&b=3&j=MTA2MTI5NTE4MgS2&mt=1&rt=0

Healthcare Service Corporation (HCSC) updates their newsletter periodically, as new information from Washington, D.C. comes to light.

As info regarding 2017 ACA-ObamaCare changes, and proposed changes come to my attention from any source, I'll post them here in this thread.

Everyone is welcome to add what you learn, as ObamaCare is carefully dismantled, and replaced.

It took awhile, but reality has finally set in. The ACA is going AWAY. Americans HATE being lied to!*

*If you like your doctor.. If you like your plan.. You can keep them! And, you'll pay $2,500 less in premiums! -Barack Obama :skeptical:

-Allen in Chicagoland

Its sensible, rational and does nothing until 2019.

And still hasn't addressed the rate elephant in the room.

Rates aren't going to fixed by the mid-terms. Both Houses go Blue, but its too late to rollback the 2019/2020 changes. So here's the timeline:

2017: Hold
2018: Minor tweaks, with more carrier compression.
Mid Terms
2019: Red Phase 1 Overhaul
2020: Red Phase 2 Overhaul
2021: Blue Phase 1

And so on........

This roller coaster is never going to end for us. And if someone doesn't get us MAPD commission soon, its not going to matter. How many agents will be left?

Gotta go back to funding Nings vacation.....

I don't understand why Health Insurers are lobbying so hard against getting rid of the Individual Mandate to have health insurance. They (and most Americans) don't feel that the penalty is steep enough to force people into buying health insurance.

If it's "toothless" to begin with, what harm can come from getting rid of it? Doing so will get rid of a couple IRS forms, and remove line 61 from IRS Form 1040.

I don't understand why Health Insurers are lobbying so hard against getting rid of the Individual Mandate to have health insurance. They (and most Americans) don't feel that the penalty is steep enough to force people into buying health insurance.

If it's "toothless" to begin with, what harm can come from getting rid of it? Doing so will get rid of a couple IRS forms, and remove line 61 from IRS Form 1040.

There ARE people buying because of the penalty. Just not enough of them. And it wasn't Obama who wanted the mandate-it was the Insurers who fought for it.

Do a "keep insurance" or have pre-ex for 12 months penalty will have more impact then the current penalty.

How about "Implement ACA and Collapse". We went from 12 carriers to 1.
Fricken blind I tell yah...................and in more debt.

I handed 200 families over $2,023,500 over the next year. (Avg 10k per family / double last yr) Annual APTC ranged from $1500 to more than $39,000 to one ACA lottery winner.

The Hill: Health Chief: GOP Plan Is Really 'Repeal And Collapse'

Health chief: GOP plan is really 'repeal and collapse' | TheHill

The nation’s top health official is giving her starkest post-election outlook yet about the fate of ObamaCare, warning that the GOP’s plan will immediately unravel the insurance marketplace. “The idea of ‘repeal and replace’ is really, ‘repeal and collapse,’” Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said in an interview with "PBS Newshour" this week. Burwell, who has largely stayed out of the spotlight since the election, is now emerging as a vocal critic of the GOP’s push to sign a repeal bill within Donald Trump’s first 100 days as president. (Ferris, 12/14)

The Associated Press: Study: Premium Hikes Add $10B To Taxpayers' Health Law Tab

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...i-vJyJIE2DJfQ_IW819LJvWjE6iIdg&_hsmi=39322155

Taxpayers will fork over nearly $10 billion more next year to cover double-digit premium hikes for subsidized health insurance under President Barack Obama's law, according to a study being released Thursday. The analysis from the Center for Health and Economy comes as the Republican-led Congress is preparing to repeal "Obamacare" and replace it with a GOP alternative whose details have yet to be worked out. (12/15)

Back