Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

Reply to Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In     
Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
Expert

State: kcinsc is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In
SC here all we have left is BCBS. Have always helped friends, family, etc enroll themselves and was wondering if I did the training etc. what the actual commission is. All I can find online is where companies quit paying commissions completely.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In
Old 08-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
Guru

State: RayNY is an Insurance Agent from New York
RayNY is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In Re: Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In
Commission schedules are generally public:

https://web.southcarolinablues.com/U...v%209-2017.pdf

Do note, they don't pay on SEP business, and 2018 may see changes.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
Guru
Alston on Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In

State: Alston is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
Alston is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In Re: Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In
Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
Commission schedules are generally public:

https://web.southcarolinablues.com/U...v%209-2017.pdf

Do note, they don't pay on SEP business, and 2018 may see changes.
I'm not in SC. I'm just curious. Do they pay on the SEP business after it renews?
Old 08-18-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
Guru

State: RayNY is an Insurance Agent from New York
RayNY is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Alston,

As per their schedule: "No commissions will be paid for any policies written during SEP period...The initial effective date of the policy will determine the terms on which the commissions are paid."

That strongly implies to me that they won't pay renewal commissions if the initial effective date is in the SEP.

I'd advise to check directly with the carrier for confirmation, that's just my interpretation of their verbiage, and I may be incorrect.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
Alston,

As per their schedule: "No commissions will be paid for any policies written during SEP period...The initial effective date of the policy will determine the terms on which the commissions are paid."

That strongly implies to me that they won't pay renewal commissions if the initial effective date is in the SEP.

I'd advise to check directly with the carrier for confirmation, that's just my interpretation of their verbiage, and I may be incorrect.
This is correct from what I understand. I dont sell individual policies through them, only group. But they send me the emails for the individual products all the same. I think the email blast specifically mentioned renewals not being paid.
Reply to Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum