Do Aca Plans Pay Any Commissions at All Now? In

kcinsc

Expert
SC here all we have left is BCBS. Have always helped friends, family, etc enroll themselves and was wondering if I did the training etc. what the actual commission is. All I can find online is where companies quit paying commissions completely.

Alston,

As per their schedule: "No commissions will be paid for any policies written during SEP period...The initial effective date of the policy will determine the terms on which the commissions are paid."

That strongly implies to me that they won't pay renewal commissions if the initial effective date is in the SEP.

I'd advise to check directly with the carrier for confirmation, that's just my interpretation of their verbiage, and I may be incorrect.

Alston,

As per their schedule: "No commissions will be paid for any policies written during SEP period...The initial effective date of the policy will determine the terms on which the commissions are paid."

That strongly implies to me that they won't pay renewal commissions if the initial effective date is in the SEP.

I'd advise to check directly with the carrier for confirmation, that's just my interpretation of their verbiage, and I may be incorrect.

This is correct from what I understand. I dont sell individual policies through them, only group. But they send me the emails for the individual products all the same. I think the email blast specifically mentioned renewals not being paid.

Latest posts

Back