Doctor’s Office Spends 2 Hours On Hold With Health Insurer For Patient’s Surgery Authorization

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Doctor’s Office Spends 2 Hours On Hold With Health Insurer For Patient’s Surgery Authorization « CBS DC

Paperwork problems almost delayed suburban Chicago resident Sheri Zajcew’s scheduled surgery Thursday, but Dr. John Venetos decided to operate without a routine go-ahead from the insurance company. That was after Venetos’ office manager spent two hours on hold with the insurer Thursday, trying to get an answer about whether the patient needed prior authorization for the surgery. The office manager finally gave up.

From the Article...
"New limits on how much insured patients must pay for care will mean fewer bankruptcies after catastrophic illnesses."

I hate when no-nothing reporters (which is most of them) regurgitate this phrase from the HHS propaganda book. Finally owning health insurance may save many people from bankruptcy, but in most cases, the deductible is HIGHER than what most insured individuals had BEFORE Obamacare was forced on them.

From the Article...
"New limits on how much insured patients must pay for care will mean fewer bankruptcies after catastrophic illnesses."

I hate when no-nothing reporters (which is most of them) regurgitate this phrase from the HHS propaganda book. Finally owning health insurance may save many people from bankruptcy, but in most cases, the deductible is HIGHER than what most insured individuals had BEFORE Obamacare was forced on them.

Especially here in IL. Plans degraded quite a bit with lower coinsurance, higher deductibles, and larger OOP maximums.

Thanks, Obama!

From the Article...

Not to mention if it is a true major health issue they may lose there job and not be able to pay premiums and still lose coverage...This ACA hasn't really changed anything.

We have already had issues with providers requiring payment of higher deductible group plan deductibles before providing service. If someone with a $6000 deductible individual plan has to pay the deductible in advance before a provider will schedule a surgery, and they don't have the money, do they really have health insurance?

Back