Ehealth Down 24% After Lower Guidance

eHealth is revising guidance for the full year ending December 31, 2014 based on information available as of July 30, 2014.

Total revenue is expected to be in the range of $185 million to $194 million, compared to previous guidance of $206 million to $213 million

Stock-based compensation expense is expected to be in the range of $8.0 million to $9.5 million, compared to previous guidance of $8.5 million to $10.5 million

EBITDA* is expected to be in the range of $13.5 million to $18.5 million, compared to previous guidance of $18.0 million to $22.5 million

Non-GAAP net income per diluted share** is expected to be in the range of $0.30 to $0.43 per share, compared to previous guidance of $0.43 to $0.51 per share

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ehealth-inc-announces-second-quarter-201500254.html

Monti
Free Health Insurance Leads

EHealthinsurance probably wishes that there is a web-broker bailout provision, because GoHealthinsurance says that they're having a great year. :-)
ac

Most insightful investor call of the year. I would tell u what's really going on, but I don't want to ruin it for you.

Hint: buy the stock in october

The problem with Ehealth is they are not the insurance company. They are simply a giant broker. The insurance companies are getting the government money.

Not sure I would want to be in Ehealth's shoes right now. I made more money this year, but I am betting it will be much harder to make more next year. Since many people have a plan, not sure how much jumping around there will be in future years. My main carrier is expecting 75% as much business this u65 AEP as compared to last. I think that % will shrink each year but level out at some point.

There will be more people switching plans this coming OEP than next year.
There will be more people losing their Non GF plans this year vs last year.
There will be more uninsured people getting coverage this year since the penalty goes from 1% up to 2%.
There will still be millions of new applicants this year, I just need 500

----------

Update - down 33% this morning. I couldn't let this one slip away.

Back