EHealth Isn't So Healthy Anymore

They should have used HealthSherpa's model of simplicity and allowing agents to participate. No tears shed for them here...

I remember in November of 13 with the enrollment problem they were trying to get the government have them handle all the enrollments. LOL

I remember in November of 13 with the enrollment problem they were trying to get the government have them handle all the enrollments. LOL

Given how screwed up goodluck.gov STILL is that might not have been a bad idea. I don't believe eHealth could have made a bigger mess of things than we have now.

Seems as though they are pivoting to Medicare. Their senior customer base has been growing significantly year over year in the past 3 years. They spent nearly $5M two years ago for the domain name 'medicare.com'
I don't miss their ubiquitous ad presence all over my screen in the <65 space as was the case just a year ago.

Sounds like gov't interference and incompetence to me. Things were going just peachy until ACA rolled out, and the "easy as buying a plane ticket" went out the window.

Sounds like gov't interference and incompetence to me. Things were going just peachy until ACA rolled out, and the "easy as buying a plane ticket" went out the window.

I'd buy in to blaming .gov if the ACA were more akin to a tornado than a hurricane. If they didn't see the obstackles coming their way, they are incompetent.

Back