Exchange Could Have a Software Design Issue

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
All week long the gov't has been blaming on the exchange issue on traffic and "glitches." I am by no means a tech expert but none of that made sense to me. Traffic issues can be solved in a day. A true "glitch" should be solved in hours - maybe a full day.

Software design, not just demand, may be behind health exchange glitches, experts say - NBC News.com

But some are reporting now that it could be an underlying software design issue. If this is indeed a software design issue, I wouldn't expect a true fix for weeks.

As someone who knows a thing or two about websites and programming, I can confirm there are software issues. It's pretty obvious by the errors that get thrown.

This won't be "functional" like we're used to from services like Quotit or Norvax for a few months, if at all.

This would be a great time to announce a one year extension for the individual mandate. Obviously this is not ready for prime time. It takes a lot of gall to create a law, then people can't comply.

Well this morning I continued where I left off yesterday. Entered Username, Password and the system kept telling me it did not exist....
Called the marketplace @ the # listed and spoke to a Dennis. Vented my frustration and asked when I could expect to finish my individual verification process?
The explination of why the site has been down was because insurer's are still downloading or uploading their rates and plans into the system. :twitchy:

I'm like whatever......

The testing was on the interconnection HUB..not the simple coding that's throwing all these errors. A 9th grader can write these simple scripts.

Since there's only a couple of servers for the entire country, only a relative few persistent folks are getting to the point where they can experience the exhilaration of receiving some of these crazy errors. (Some cartoonists are having a field day with this now.) The majority aren't waiting "in line". They close the browser in less than 60 seconds and go on to something else. But they're counted as a visitor, LOL.

Perhaps HHS should have hired people who finished 9th grade?

P.S. It just occurred to me that some of the 52% who were furloughed the same night that healthcare.gov went live, could have sabotaged portions of the coding routine before bitterly going home...without pay???

Last edited:
Now they've added a message:

In a hurry? You might be able to apply faster at our Marketplace call center. Call 1-800-318-2596 to talk with one of our trained representatives about applying over the phone.

This would be a great time to announce a one year extension for the individual mandate. Obviously this is not ready for prime time. It takes a lot of gall to create a law, then people can't comply.

Yes, but the President doesn't negotiate. Remember?

Has he resorted to calling House Republicans terrorists yet?

Back on topic, by all counts the developers never did any real testing. Your average video game gets more testing than this site ever saw. Some of the best way to find errors are to let real people at it, they will do things you never thought of and break your software in ways you couldn't have dreamed of.

Yes, but the President doesn't negotiate. Remember?

Has he resorted to calling House Republicans terrorists yet?

Back on topic, by all counts the developers never did any real testing. Your average video game gets more testing than this site ever saw. Some of the best way to find errors are to let real people at it, they will do things you never thought of and break your software in ways you couldn't have dreamed of.

Depending on how long this goes, expect to see lawsuits filed. Imagine trying to renew your license but the DMV's system is down - for weeks. Now your license is expired and you can't drive.

To me this is rather clear. This is a law people have to comply with. That people cannot sign up should void that law at least temporarily.

Back