Family of 5, QLE, Under 400% FPL, No Subisdy

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a family of 5 with total income (including 2 kids that work p/t) of $106,000 with a QLE, 400% FPL is about $110,600.

The Marketplace subsidy estimator says they should get a subsidy but we've submitted 4 different applications (including 1 by phone) and there are no subsidies in the eligibility letters.

I've entered income both as annual and monthly and it still comes out with no subsidy.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice-I care more about the client spending $1300 a month instead of $700 than I do about my compensation.

----------

I HATE having typos in a thread header, they can't be edited, ugh!!!!!:mad:

For the QLE, is it due to a loss of prior coverage? If so, did you say that the client lost their coverage, and that there is no current coverage? The wording of that question is confusing, but it can kick you out of subsidy eligibility if you answer it wrong.

I just ran it and it say the should get one for sure? Are the Kids listed as dependents on their parents taxes? If not that may be where the problem is, what did the person on the phone from the marketplace tell you? Question for you if the kids are not dependents can you just write them their own plan? Here

For the QLE, is it due to a loss of prior coverage? If so, did you say that the client lost their coverage, and that there is no current coverage? The wording of that question is confusing, but it can kick you out of subsidy eligibility if you answer it wrong.

QLE is losing coverage on 10/31/14 due to job change, they got the SEP, just no subsidy.

----------

I just ran it and it say the should get one for sure? Are the Kids listed as dependents on their parents taxes? If not that may be where the problem is, what did the person on the phone from the marketplace tell you? Question for you if the kids are not dependents can you just write them their own plan? Here

Kids are dependents on tax returns but file their own taxes, at my request they did the phone application without me but reported the kids income as annual and the marketplace said they assumed that was year to date so they added enough income to put them over the 400% FPL=I then went back and did an online app using just average monthly income and it still came back as no subsidy.

I've run this multiple times and it always shows subsidy, that's why I started this thread because there is something wrong here, most likely in the marketplace process.

I have a family of 5 with total income (including 2 kids that work p/t) of $106,000 with a QLE, 400% FPL is about $110,600.

The Marketplace subsidy estimator says they should get a subsidy but we've submitted 4 different applications (including 1 by phone) and there are no subsidies in the eligibility letters.

I've entered income both as annual and monthly and it still comes out with no subsidy.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice-I care more about the client spending $1300 a month instead of $700 than I do about my compensation.

----------

I HATE having typos in a thread header, they can't be edited, ugh!!!!!:mad:

Have you gone through to see if the plan selection is showing a subsidy, for a while I did not see the subsidy on the letters, but the subsidy showed up at the plan choice stage.

Have you gone through to see if the plan selection is showing a subsidy, for a while I did not see the subsidy on the letters, but the subsidy showed up at the plan choice stage.

Exactly what I was going to say. Determination letters are sometimes not showing subsidy amounts, but plan selection page is.

Absolutely have done that each time, it shows the full premium and no subsidy.

I've spent at least 6 hours on this already, it really seems like I'm doing everything right and it's a system glitch...

----------

Are the kids being kicked to CHIP?

No tuna, cheeseboogie

No coke, pepsi,

No fries, no chip(s)...

No subsidy :1baffled::mad:

Well, let's see... What could kick them out of subsidy eligibility?

* Group insurance is available, which is affordable
* They are currently on COBRA
* Family size is reduced for some reason
* Income is increased for some reason
* Not every family member is included in the Benchmark premium

I'll tell you, one time I answered "yes" to the question about COBRA or about having current coverage, and it didn't affect the SEP, but it affected the subsidy. I know it shouldn't do that, but it did.

Well, let's see... What could kick them out of subsidy eligibility?

* Group insurance is available, which is affordable
* They are currently on COBRA
* Family size is reduced for some reason
* Income is increased for some reason
* Not every family member is included in the Benchmark premium

I'll tell you, one time I answered "yes" to the question about COBRA or about having current coverage, and it didn't affect the SEP, but it affected the subsidy. I know it shouldn't do that, but it did.

They have current group coverage that they will lose on October 31st so answered yes to that question and no to whether they had already lost coverage.

They are on the cusp as far as income, it could be that but I will give this one more shot by saying they lost coverage on October 15th instead of saying it will be lost on October 31st, that's about all that is left to do.

Back