Felons As New PPACA Navigators?

Liz

Guru
100+ Post Club
Various senators have been criticizing the PPACA's navigator program, arguing that the rule is so lenient that "a convicted felon could qualify as a navigator." They argue this would allow criminals to get access to the confidential health information of consumers.

Felons as new PPACA navigators? | LifeHealthPro

What do you guys think?

Various senators have been criticizing the PPACA's navigator program, arguing that the rule is so lenient that "a convicted felon could qualify as a navigator." They argue this would allow criminals to get access to the confidential health information of consumers.

Felons as new PPACA navigators? | LifeHealthPro

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a sweet gig for an identity theif. Get paid by one orginization while you gather and sell your victims identity.

Nav's will have nothing to lose with their short term gig, and a measly 2 days of training.

Agents have skin in the game, with a license, CE, E&O, a client book, and a long term career 365 days a year.

This is ripe for fraud

It's illegal to work in the business of insurance if you have been convicted of a felony that involves breach of trust.
The act also generally prohibits individuals who have been convicted of a felony involving breach of trust from working in the business of insurance, unless they have received written consent from state regulators.
Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was close! Criminals almost got into insurance. But thank god they made it illegal. After all, a convicted felony isn't going to break the law or anything. No need for background checks or anything. We'll just trust them not to try and become navigators. After all, if you can't trust a convicted felony, who can you trust?

I bet there is a way around this: You don't have to have an insurance license to be a navigator and if there is a lack of navigators the government certainly will give an exception.

I bet there is a way around this: You don't have to have an insurance license to be a navigator and if there is a lack of navigators the government certainly will give an exception.

Last I saw, there is no background check for navigators. So unless they voluntarily state their criminal background, no one will ever know.

The ones that will lie about this are the ones that will be up to no good.

That was close! Criminals almost got into insurance. But thank god they made it illegal. After all, a convicted felony isn't going to break the law or anything. No need for background checks or anything. We'll just trust them not to try and become navigators. After all, if you can't trust a convicted felony, who can you trust?

bahaahahaa!

It's QUITE ironic that Many of those in Congress and the Senate would not qualify to Sell insurance based on what many of THEM have done in their pasts.

That whole felon conviction crap is BS.

How many ppl who have been convicted of FINANCIAL crimes against Citizens would think to go into insurance anyway....?

(let me think of 1sec....ok answer= 0) There simply is not enough money in this game for a felon.

Politics is where the money is----That and lobbying for corps!

I've heard some states are putting in place background check requirements after backlash. It's a little messed up it's not required at the federal level whatsoever.

The "we need minorities to enroll minorities, and since minorities are criminals, we can't have background checks if we want any to work for us" mentality got smashed pretty quickly.

Back