First Health PPO No Deductible, $170 Policy Fee, Client Confused

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
They told client they must sign up now or the rates will go up.

Clients are confused about what is being offered, among the tens of phone calls coming in once she thought she was going on healthcare.gov. Example, First Health was mentioned as carrier: "no deductible", some kind of "bulk group pricing", no mention of whether or not is MEC, or a scheduled plan. Supposed to be that the carrier "buys a group price", then closes out the group, and the prices for the next group go up, so better buy today. Gibberish? Or am I missing something.

Premium example: $453/month, no deductible, couple, age 50 and age 54.

Client is losing coverage end of Feb, will have SEP. Not happy with difference between employer vs. individual, cost/coverage.

Client can't tell the difference between ACA compliant vs. thin plans, it seems. No one sending out brochures/proposals.

Last edited:
They told client they must sign up now or the rates will go up.

Clients are confused about what is offered, no deductible, some kind of bulk group pricing, no mention of whether or not is MEC, or a scheduled plan. Supposed to be like the carrier "buys a group price", then close out the group, and the prices for the next group goes up.

First Health was mentioned in one call.

Ever heard of First Health? Example: $453/month, no deductible, couple, age 50 and age 54.

Not a Marketplace plan.

Yea it is a crappy limited health plan........and first health is not the insurer....

What is up with such a high policy fee? What is going to happen when people have big claims and find out they don't have insurance anything like their group insurance? "Same low price, includes dental and vision".

Like when a car dealer was going to match the online price I got on a mid size car by selling me a compact car for the same price.

They get a free $170 when the client inevitably cancels the policy...

:twitchy:

Will check in with this referral, but they haven't been ringing my phone off the hook. No ability to tell the difference between me and a "health plan advisor" on the phone selling a minimal coverage plan.

They won't be able to tell the difference until they have a claim. "Health Advisors" aka US Health have the internet health sites captured and flood the market, never seen such penetration.

Did write the coverage, finally. My new simple presentation: ACA is built on a base of unlimited coverage after meeting the $7,150 max out of pocket. Here is the price for that. How much coverage do you want to buy back between $0 and $7,150? Who gets to keep your money, you or (fill in name of large name brand carrier). Then we annualize the monthly additional cost, compare to their medical visit frequency.
For now, I am not selling ancillary except dental, so it's not a pitch to add on higher commission products that could disappoint.

Back