Florida Carriers in 2017 ?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Not sure if this is accurate or not, but, it indicates that there will be 11 carriers.

The article indicates it was written in June 2016.

LINK

Not even sure which will pay a commission, nor what their rates will be, but i would assume most will pay.

Thoughts / Opinions ?

The lack of a response to this is interesting. I wonder how the readership of this board has declined since the inception of the ACA. It does sound like your market is robust enough to support your efforts. Your clients are fortunate.

It depends on where you sell in FL.
Most of my FL clients live in SW florida - sarasota to Naples, and I have NOTHING to sell them as FL blue is the only carrier supposedly. (Maybe Cigna in a couple counties).
If you are going to work Florida, it's really just Palm Beach to Miami that has more than 3 carriers, maybe Orlando to Tampa, all other counties have no options as the article states.

Also, Waiting for this site to update soon with 2017 numbers. Should happen any day now:
Federal Health Care Reform

Cigna...................not gunna do it, not gunna do it (in FL)(Other states?)
& other good florida info on specific counties.

Report: S. Florida counties among only 6 statewide to be served by 4 Obamacare insurers in 2017 - Sun Sentinel

On Tuesday, a Cigna spokesman confirmed the company will not offer on-exchange plans anywhere in the state next year. The company pulled out of the state prior to 2016, saying it had been victimized by organized fraud and abuse. But some analysts had expected the company to return in 2017.

"Cigna discontinued its participation on the Florida public marketplace exchange for 2016 because we had experienced an exponential increase in fraudulent and abusive care delivery practices," Cigna spokesman Joe Mondy said in an email. "We continue to see these issues and other volatility in the market."

Mondy said Cigna will continue to offer plans "off-exchange" (and ineligible for federal subsidies).

Cigna...................not gunna do it, not gunna do it (in FL)(Other states?)
& other good florida info on specific counties.

Report: S. Florida counties among only 6 statewide to be served by 4 Obamacare insurers in 2017 - Sun Sentinel

Thanks Y,

I'm in the S.Fla market and JUST GOT off the phone with my FMO and according to HIM, one of the things he spoke of was who's gonna be selling (and more importantly), who's going to be paying? He came up with 1 answer...the rest of them are not paying; Molina!
:mad:

I dropped my jaw. They pay per application, not comm. Sad....very Sad ;(

?

Thanks Y,

I'm in the S.Fla market and JUST GOT off the phone with my FMO and according to HIM, one of the things he spoke of was who's gonna be selling (and more importantly), who's going to be paying? He came up with 1 answer...the rest of them are not paying; Molina!
:mad:

I dropped my jaw. They pay per application, not comm. Sad....very Sad ;(

?

Molina is the only one paying?
What does pay per application mean? $100 flat fee?
Or do you mean a per person per month structure? $18/mo PMPM

Molina is the only one paying?
What does pay per application mean? $100 flat fee?
Or do you mean a per person per month structure? $18/mo PMPM

According to my FMO guy, yes Molina pays a flat fee per mth.. Yes sir.

But after reviewing, i'm not sure if Ambetter is also paying...or not? Its not that many....not sure at this point if more will join?

I thought Cigna was going to play the game, but according to that Sun-Sentinel article they are not in FLA. this coming year (which is exactly CONTRARY to what a broker friend told me the other day).

FOR THE LOVE OF MOSES...what's going on?

?

Last edited:
I am biased but in my opinion there is only one way to go if you want to make money- exclusively Blue. If that interests you at all PM me and we can schedule a call.

According to my FMO guy, yes Molina pays a flat fee per mth.. Yes sir.

But after reviewing, i'm not sure if Ambetter is also paying...or not? Its not that many....not sure at this point if more will join?

I thought Cigna was going to play the game, but according to that Sun-Sentinel article they are not in FLA. this coming year (which is exactly CONTRARY to what a broker friend told me the other day).

FOR THE LOVE OF MOSES...what's going on?

?

Molina's current commission structure is 6% FYC and 4% renewals, if they are switching to a PMPM schedule it hasn't officially been released yet.

Ambetter, to the best of my knowledge, isn't appointing individual agents and their network is really bad

Cigna , per the Sun Sentinel article, is not participating in Exchange plans for 2017 but will continue to offer them Off Exchange.

AvMed is offering Off Exchange plans in selected counties

Both Molina and AvMed are paying commissions for SEPs in 2016

Other than that it will all be Florida Blue next year

By the way, I don't take anyone's word for anything, I fact check all of this before making decisions about my business

Molina's current commission structure is 6% FYC and 4% renewals, if they are switching to a PMPM schedule it hasn't officially been released yet.

Ambetter, to the best of my knowledge, isn't appointing individual agents and their network is really bad

Cigna , per the Sun Sentinel article, is not participating in Exchange plans for 2017 but will continue to offer them Off Exchange.

AvMed is offering Off Exchange plans in selected counties

Both Molina and AvMed are paying commissions for SEPs in 2016

Other than that it will all be Florida Blue next year

By the way, I don't take anyone's word for anything, I fact check all of this before making decisions about my business

Thanks FLM,

Is Florida Blue paying agents a comm/fee this year? I was told the only one paying is Molina.

Back