Ghost Town Reform Forum

$0 comp in TN. Rates thru the roof. 40% renewal increase expected. Have to do something else to generate income. Only keeping up with ACA to figure mine and close friends' options. Will resurrect some closed little groups because of high ACA premium.

Enrol a 0% Commission customer and they stay at 0% as long as they are with that company regardless of what plan you put them on next year.

Enrol a 0% Commission customer and they stay at 0% as long as they are with that company regardless of what plan you put them on next year.

But you still have all the liability. Sounds like a real winner of a business model for agents.

Question. When you guys enroll someone at 0% comp, do you tell the client your getting paid nothing? I dont mean this in a negative way. Just curious if you make it known to them or not.

Last edited:
Once in awhile we find one that spends 3+ months outside USA and they can get Geoblue Xplorer a real major medical insurance but they subject to underwriting and agent gets commission. They available in most states. No 1095 letter given :(

Question. When you guys enroll someone at 0% comp, do you tell the client your getting paid nothing? I dont mean this in a negative way. Just curious if you make it known to them or not.

Of course. AND, they are friends or people that I'd help anyway just because. Some just need information on what plan to buy. Some need to be walked thru the whole process. Some reciprocate by helping me when I need their expertise. Money flows only when I don't worry about it.

Back